C&B Seen (lights)- still trading?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Looking around for something to replace a Hope Vision II I had for ages. I've had a C&B seen rear light for a while which I like so had a quick look at their website- everything is showing out of stock. Not much showing up in web searches limited to the last year. Anyone know anything?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
For a long time the site was basically a placeholder, I feel that they are realistically no more. I recall even emailing and not getting a response

A shame if so as I loved the city slicker front and never managed to get a matching rear.

A possibility, chatted on and off with the owner on twitter, super responsive to queries etc https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/

Last edited:
OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
A possibility, chatted on and off with the owner on twitter, super responsive to queries etc https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/

I bought the cheaper of their two options- the Lumen 800, currently on offer for £55. It has arrived! I will update once I've tested it. I've turned it on and established it has four levels of brightness and that is about it so far.

It should do what I need, my main commute bike has hub dynamo lighting so this will be for those times I need / want to ride something else.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I bought the cheaper of their two options- the Lumen 800, currently on offer for £55. It has arrived! I will update once I've tested it. I've turned it on and established it has four levels of brightness and that is about it so far.

Well, a quick test in the alleyway suggests that it'll do what I need it to do, might be a while before I get to test it on unlit roads in the dark.

The light unit is pretty compact- smaller than the Dinotte I owned years back. It clips on to the bars with one of two green O-rings supplied (for different bar thicknesses). The cable is long enough to give quite a few mounting options. Battery attaches to the bike with a velcro strap, feels quite a bit cheaper than the velcro strap on the Hope battery pack (which was elasticated so you could give it a good pull and get it on pretty tight)- but the Hope was in a different price range altogether.

The charger has a single (2-colour) LED indicator- it's easy to use, green to show there's power, red for charging, flashes when it's done. The light has one button, press for on, cycle through four brightness settings, just solid light- no flashing modes (good), hold down for off.

First impressions are good. Will post a picture at some point (just got a new phone and haven't got the right cable to hand)

Last edited:
OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
IMG_20210824_172425823.jpg

This is what it looks like, there's also a helmet mount (not shown)

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Used it for the first time this morning, was a bit overcast/ drizzly. Had the light on the lowest setting (25%) and it was just fine for that. It could do with a stretchy bit of velcro for the battery though, having said that it fits very nicely strapped around the frame tube, sitting on top of the bottle cage rails with some cable to spare.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Used it for the first time this morning, was a bit overcast/ drizzly. Had the light on the lowest setting (25%) and it was just fine for that. It could do with a stretchy bit of velcro for the battery though, having said that it fits very nicely strapped around the frame tube, sitting on top of the bottle cage rails with some cable to spare.
25% ! Still too bright. I was laying in bed and I thought the sun had come out . No it was @palinurus on his way to work.:laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's a shame they're not going any more because I think "C&B Seen" is a brilliant name.

I must admit I'd never heard of them though.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo

Still haven't used it on anything but the 25% setting! but it is getting used daily now as I'm leaving during sunrise.

Today I found my old Hope battery with the stretchy velcro! - the strap is a tight fit for the smaller MTB Batteries battery but it works and it's much better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom