C2C baggage courier query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johncyc

I’m doing the C2C route to Sunderland in September and Sherpa are taking our baggage . However as we are not staying the night in Sunderland but getting a train out Sherpa Di not have anywhere to leave our baggage on that last day . They have suggested we just ring round hotels and ask them if our stuff can be dropped there but understandably that’s not getting a good response . Anyone got any ideas? Maybe there are bnbs that are familiar with the C2c route who might be able to oblige .

Cheers

John

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why are Sherpa so keen to drop your luggage and scarper? What are the terms of the contract? Surely they have to deliver the luggage to you in person?

If they won't cooperate could you find somebody in Sunderland who will come out and collect your luggage then hold it at their home base? Local taxi firm?

Alternatively you plan to finish at a B&B or a YHA and Sherpa drop there?

I'm sorry I don't live in Sunderland or I'd hold it for you and make you a brew.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I’m doing the C2C route to Sunderland in September and Sherpa are taking our baggage . However as we are not staying the night in Sunderland but getting a train out Sherpa Di not have anywhere to leave our baggage on that last day . They have suggested we just ring round hotels and ask them if our stuff can be dropped there but understandably that’s not getting a good response . Anyone got any ideas? Maybe there are bnbs that are familiar with the C2c route who might be able to oblige .

Cheers

John

Peter Darke Cycles, a few hundred metres from Sunderland railway station, would probably be prepared to assist for a small consideration.

Assuming your plan doesn't involve a Sunday drop off or collection, which I suspect it might.

Top Bottom