C2W bikes from Wheelies.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnyjim

My employer is starting a cycle2work scheme next month, most likely using Wheelies.co.uk.
I rather fancy one of these http://www.raptobike.nl/lowracer.php. I'll contact Wheelies to ask, but thought I'd check here if anyone has experience of them supplying bikes under C2W outside their 'normal' range.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Spoken to EdinburghFixed yet? He got a RaptoBike low racer on C2W, though his came via the super excellent David of Laid Back Ligfiets.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
No, Brommies are all rear wheel drive as far as I know.
Of course, if they've been designing one specially for me that could explain the wait...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
TheDoctor said:
No, Brommies are all rear wheel drive as far as I know.
Of course, if they've been designing one specially for me that could explain the wait...

LOL. no the raptobike:

3821620652_011df6a87f.jpg

OP
OP
sunnyjim

sunnyjim

Matty said:
Wow - front wheel drive?

If you're going to be odd, might as well do it in style. ;)

Thanks for tip Mikey- I think Edinburgh_fixed posts on the CTC forum -I'll try there. I'd be quite happy to help put business in Laidback's way if possible - depends on how/if Wheelies do business.

The wheelies C2W flyer claims they can supply 'bents, although they seem to have a mixed reputation on t'internet when dealing with not so bog standard stuff. The work scheme will have a fairly short window, so I'm trying to do my homework in advance to allow for any necessary negotiation.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Wheelies do our C2W scheme and were fine. Longish wait for M6R in my chosen colour but it turned up on the promised day and was rideable in minutes.

J4CKO

I got my Bad Boy through them, impressed, very helpful but you cant beat going to a shop and sitting on an actual bike, would recommend them though.

u9ge

Our company only use wheelies, utter sheet, limited selection, all over priced. also they won't let me use the 1k limit to buy a frame or contribute more. Not that wheelies has much to offer.

chins up and get pestering for a better scheme.

Top Bottom