C2W just announced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
When I bought the Scott the shop offered "interest free credit" but wouldnt haggle on price if you used it.

Tescos gave you 6 months interest free on their credit card for new customers. Got the card bought the bike with it at a reduced price paid for it before the interest started then cancelled the card.

Dont know if similar deals exist now but worth a look if C2W doesnt work for you.

OP
OP
I

insurin

Right. I have been informed that the final payment is minimal and it's a 12 month hire scheme. I Just popped into the LBS and he said that I can just order a Dawes Galaxy from him. He does not stock them. He will take off the drops and swap them for trekking along with gears. I can then sell the STI's etc on ebay or come to a deal with him.
I now need to get to Evans to test ride a Galaxy albeit with drops and work out if it would work with trekking bars. Also see what Evans can offer me too.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Right. I have been informed that the final payment is minimal and it's a 12 month hire scheme. I Just popped into the LBS and he said that I can just order a Dawes Galaxy from him. He does not stock them. He will take off the drops and swap them for trekking along with gears. I can then sell the STI's etc on ebay or come to a deal with him.
I now need to get to Evans to test ride a Galaxy albeit with drops and work out if it would work with trekking bars. Also see what Evans can offer me too.
Whilst I admire your desire to get the bike that is just right for you potentially some of what you and the LBS are suggesting may be an abuse of the scheme, and something a potential abuse of Evans.

OP
OP
I

insurin

No. My LBS is a participant in the C2W scheme. I am going to Evans to test ride a bike. I was under the impression that when I get the voucher, I can go to participating shops and choose what I want.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
No. My LBS is a participant in the C2W scheme. I am going to Evans to test ride a bike. I was under the impression that when I get the voucher, I can go to participating shops and choose what I want.
You can. but isn't it slightly "off" to go test ride a bike at one shop, even if that shop is Evans and then buy it somewhere else?

OP
OP
I

insurin

You can. but isn't it slightly "off" to go test ride a bike at one shop, even if that shop is Evans and then buy it somewhere else?
I am paying for the ride although only 1p. I have been put onto a Galaxy Cross now by a member on here so instead of ripping out the drops etc, I can just buy the Cross and not have to do much. Evans stock them and when I test ride it at Evans, if it feels right. That's where I will buy it from.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
You're not paying Evans for the test ride - you are providing an imprint / record of your card so they can charge the full amount for the bike if you choose not to return it

OP
OP
I

insurin

come on vickster. I knew that!

Top Bottom