C2W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Do bear in mind that salary sacrifice schemes can affect your pension. The odd dip into it is unlikely to make much difference but frequent use can have a noticeable affect. Depends of course on individual circumstances.

OP
OP
A

Alex1982

Yeah this would only be used once. My colleagues were telling I should use it for a bike but I never thought it was that good

I thought I would try it out for accessories and since a local store uses it I thought I would use it again for an outfit

I'll just buy though cash

Technically you can have as many cycle to work schemes running parallel to each other as you want as each policy is a separate agreement agreed between employee and employer but unless the employer has a CCL the total value must not exceed £1k.

It would however raise eyebrows at HMRC and you would be required to demonstrate why you have more than one scheme. Most employers therefore will allow you to top up to the limit and pay over the remaining time of the original C2W as then it is just one agreement.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
At my company, once you've finished paying for one bike you're entitled to start to start paying for another but you can't have 2 running together and on both ocasiones when I participated, there was no final payment. Also, what's rather odd is that my company are still running the scheme even though they closed their offices earlier this year and most people are now based from home. Not sure what your "cycle to work" obligations are if you work from home.

I'm after a outfit from David miller

Look him up

Just a point, if you are going to suggest someone "look something up", you need to get the spelling close enough that google can find it. If anyone is interested, it's David Millar. And I can see why it would be easy to break the £1000 barrier. More expensive than Rapha, and like early Rapha, male kit only.

OP
OP
A

Alex1982

Just a point, if you are going to suggest someone "look something up", you need to get the spelling close enough that google can find it. If anyone is interested, it's David Millar. And I can see why it would be easy to break the £1000 barrier. More expensive than Rapha, and like early Rapha, male kit only.

Well spotted, didn't notice I had used that spelling of the surname

Yeah it is expensive, nice clothing though and not many people will have it

I like rapha but fancy something different from the norm

It's either DM or velobici as I've only seen a few riders local wearing that range

Reading DM book just now, interesting read on the tour back in the late 90s, early 00's

U

User33236

How come? If you are talking about company pensions then you would typically pay a percentage of your gross pay. So any salary sacrifice deduction won't make any difference?
Many pensions were based on final salary e,g, the best wage in the final three years of employment. A number, including public sector pensions, have now moved to career average pensions meaning and salary sacrifice schems you make use of affect your contributions to your pension in that year and hence the pension you receive. The odd scheme has minimal effect but frequently dipping into it will result in a greater reduction in the pension you receive.

Depends on the employer, in my case all salary sacrifice deductions are ignored for pension calculation purposes.

Top Bottom