Cable clamp Ultegra front mech.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I adjusted the cable on my front mech and on putting it back noticed a sort of crescent shape ridge on one side of the clamp. The bolt head and washer go inside it.

Where should the wire be in relation the the crescent shape bit. Im not positive I have it back on as before .I hope I dont need to remove it as it took a bit of fiddling to get the changing right again.

02GF74

Über Member
photo?

bonj2

Banjo said:
I adjusted the cable on my front mech and on putting it back noticed a sort of crescent shape ridge on one side of the clamp. The bolt head and washer go inside it.

Where should the wire be in relation the the crescent shape bit. Im not positive I have it back on as before .I hope I dont need to remove it as it took a bit of fiddling to get the changing right again.

outside of it, i.e. as far from the pivot as possible. I once had a problem with the shifter lever being too stiff and it was 'cos the cable was clamped inside of the little ridge, too near the pivot.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

bonj2 said:
outside of it, i.e. as far from the pivot as possible. I once had a problem with the shifter lever being too stiff and it was 'cos the cable was clamped inside of the little ridge, too near the pivot.

Excellent.Thanks for posting that .I have put it back correctly luckilly.Its changing perfectly at the moment so wasnt keen on having to release the bolt again.

bonj2

Banjo said:
Excellent.Thanks for posting that .I have put it back correctly luckilly.Its changing perfectly at the moment so wasnt keen on having to release the bolt again.

tip for next time: when setting it up, if you haven't got inline barrel adjusters, or a mate to help you, have the inner limit screw turned in slightly too tight when you're putting the cable on, then when you've bolted it down, back the limit screw off again and it will take up the tension, that way it won't be too loose.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

bonj2 said:
tip for next time: when setting it up, if you haven't got inline barrel adjusters, or a mate to help you, have the inner limit screw turned in slightly too tight when you're putting the cable on, then when you've bolted it down, back the limit screw off again and it will take up the tension, that way it won't be too loose.

Thanks I,ll remember that one for next time.

Top Bottom