Cable locks for front wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You can't get a mini-D lock around a lamp post - unless you lift the bike off the ground as I have seen some do. Mostly I haven't had a problem ... just occasionally having to walk abit further to find a stand. Never had a problem with a mini-d and a stand.

I have those skewers which are undone with a 5 sided sort of allen key (Trans-x?). So I generally don't bother locking up my wheel, hoping that parking the bike in a busy place will prevent someone taking the wheel.

HF2300 said:
Anyone ever have problems getting mini-Ds round objects (stands, fence posts, whatever)?

Thinking of getting the Kryptonite Evolution mini-D plus either a good chain or a good cable (Abus Steel-O-flex, probably), but the mini-Ds look awfully small.

Ive got the full size Krypto Evolution but I also carry a kyrptoflex cable its great gor the occaisions when a D lock won't fit however I wouldn't rely on it too much.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Thanks Summerdays, that's helpful. Was attracted to the mini-D from the point of view of filling the lock & preventing jacking / levering.

I think the cable / chain would do for the occasions when I can't get the D lock round an object, as HLaB says, but I didn't want to find I was never using the mini-D!

Top Bottom