Cabriolets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I had a soft top. You could hear all the road noise. And when you were driving with the top off in sunny weather,the top of your head would burn. They are not worth the effort, and British weather only allows you to not have the top off on a small percentage of days. I wouldn't have another one.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And when you were driving with the top off in sunny weather,the top of your head would burn.
But that's a good point,not a bad one! You can top up your tan while you drive^_^. If you don't like the sun on your bonce then maybe a cap would help.:okay: I remember driving the 480 miles from Accy to Hemsby in Norfolk and back a few years ago. I had the top down all the way there and all the way back,so i didn't miss out on the :sun:. Daughter wasn't too pleased though. She was sat in the back. She said it gave a swirling wind affect. I think you can/could buy something that stopped that affect.🤔

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Both cars look rather nice and are reasonably priced IMO, what mileage?
My daughter is looking for a mini/mini convertible at a similar price point as the cars you’ve shown @Accy cyclist , my worry is that if anything goes wrong and I’m told with a Mini it often does, then being a BMW it’s going to be expensive to repair.
If you are a Mini owner I’d be interested to hear what experiences you’ve had.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I also remember leaving my Audi soft top outside a pub one night,with the top down to pose. When i came back someone had chucked a fish and chip tray with half a fish and a few chips in tomato ketchup on the drivers seat!:cursing:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Both cars look rather nice and are reasonably priced IMO, what mileage?
My daughter is looking for a mini/mini convertible at a similar price point as the cars you’ve shown @Accy cyclist , my worry is that if anything goes wrong and I’m told with a Mini it often does, then being a BMW it’s going to be expensive to repair.
I don't know the mileage. It was difficult to see in the car,due to the low sun,(though i did notice the yellow one has a nice yellow dashboard and door handles^_^ and the blue one has leather seats) and if like mine the mileage only comes up when the ignition's on. I've tried to find the dealer's website to find more details,but i can't find it. I might go and ask him tomorrow,but he's a funny devil who moans if you test drive more than 1 or 2 cars. He moaned at me the other year for trying 7 cars,but one has to be certain before spending hard earned cash!^_^
As for the expensive BMW repair bills,there's an MOT/BMW garage 20 yards across the road from me. You can pay him £100 an hour labour,or go to a small back street mechanic like i do and pay him about £35 an hour. He did an oil change for me for around £45. Mr BMW garage man wanted £140!!:eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not much different in parts prices to the Suzuki i had before and the Nissan before that. I've had 4 British Leyland minis and a 1965 Austin Mini(before nationalisation) before them. Yes the parts were cheap,but the cars were rust buckets...apart from the 1965 Austin one.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It isn't. Don't fall for BMW's marketing, count how many "Coopers" you see versus Mini "Ones", (it'll be more than ten to one), then realise how BMW have pulled off a masterclass of using an iconic name on an ordinary product to fool everyone that what they have is special rather than standard. There's nothing "Cooper" about a modern Mini Cooper.

Convertibles in the UK are like central heating in Doha. You might enjoy using it once or thrice in a year.
What makes me laugh is seeing people with the roof down in October, faces grimacing, teeth chattering, inwardly saying "I'm damn well using it regardless because people said I wouldn't!"
^_^
What's the 'nostrils' for on the bonnet?🤔
1599416047317.png

Its the wrong country weather wise for a soft top Dam ugly things.

Top Bottom