Cafes you like

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
wheelock hall farm, wheelock, cheshire (not far from crewe). does nice cakes and ok coffee for a good price. has outdoor seating too, was there today on the club run (dilemma of cycling vs tdf on tv went the right way) and enjoyed sitting out in the sunshine. :blush:

punkypossum][quote=piedwagtail91 said:
anyone in the dales should try blind beck tearooms at horton in ribblesdale. proper cyclists food and very reasonable prices.

Is that the one that doubles up as the tourist office???[/quote]

no this one is out of the village ( a couple of cottages) on the road to ribblehead, on the right before you go under the railway bridge.

walker

just to dig this up from a year ago:

Petes cafe in Brixton used to be great,

But only coz the MIL used to own it, and she did the best bubble you could ever wish for

caz

I will nominate 3 as they all do good food - lovely cakes and good lunches.

Yew Tree Farm Cafe at Wootton Wawen
Earlswood Tea Barn, Earlswood Craft Centre at Earlswood
Top Lock Cafe at Hatton. This one is found at the top of a flight of 21 locks from Warwick to Hatton and slightly off the beaten track.

Rob S

Brock said:
I generally prefer 'pub' to 'café', but I had a nice continental breakfast with a delicious sticky pastry for breakfast at Le Cafe Parisien in Lyndhurst in the New Forest the other week.

Is that still going? I remember having a cheese and ham baguette from there...it was totally lush...for a cheese and ham baguette... and vowed to return the next summer....but when I went there again....it had gone!!!!:tongue:

dodgy

For me it has to be the world famous Eureka Cyclist's Café. It's virtually on my door step, but people travel from all around to go there. It's frequented by Steve Cummings and Chris Boardman has dropped in from time to time, though I haven't seen him for a while there :tongue:
Actually, I'm compiling a Google map of cycle friendly cafés here, it's handy for planning routes.

Dave.

postman

Legendary Member
Riverside Cafe,Knaresbrough.Real welcome for eveyone.Well loved by many cyclists.More of a drop in centre really.We all know each other.But be quick it is up for sale.A really busy cafe.

Trillian

the tea room on the eastern shore of coniston water, cumbria

"the food's out on the table, eat what you like and pay what you think, but we do ask that you be fair." being the official menu and pricing

dodgy

Trillian said:
the tea room on the eastern shore of coniston water, cumbria

"the food's out on the table, eat what you like and pay what you think, but we do ask that you be fair." being the official menu and pricing

I like the sound of that! I'm up in the Lakes on holiday soon so will have to drop in (if I can find it).

Dave.

Top Bottom