Caffine... and the need to , erm... go.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
WARNING: Unpleasant content!

So, I had me delivery of High5 gels with caffine, and also the Zero extreme tablets with caffine.

I had been feeling a bit tired as I had been to the gym and commuted there and done a longer ride back, and I have been on mornings all week with a 4am get up. I had read that some people get stomach upsets from these so I decided to give them a go, as I was planning on staying at home - so I would be near a loo if I needed to puke. Anyhow, after about 30 mins I did feel perky and decided to go for a local ride that took about 45 mins. It was a decent pace and very enjoyable. However, about 15 mins after getting back my belly made a groan (Sort of like an internal fart) and I had to go, and go RIGHT NOW...To "drop the kids off at the pool"... if you know what I mean!

I dont usually have caffine, just 2 or 3 cups of tea a day. After that was done I felt fine, no stomach upset, although I do still feel more perky than usuall after a week of mornings.

So, have I caffine overdosed? Was this a one off thing? Is this usuall?

I was planning on using these on the cheshire cat, would it be best to give the gels or the drink, or both a miss?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Did you drink/eat something with the gels? Upset is usually caused when gels are taken and due to the increased permeability of the body (absorbing the sugars) the gut wants to quickly empty itself to prevent toxin uptake.

Also try eating solid food before exercise,drink often,wash gels down. The caffeine content probably wouldn't have had a part in this.

Steve H

Large Member
I'll use the High 5 energy drink and a few gels on the Cheshire Cat. I find they are a good way of keeping the carbs level up and feeling good. But I wouldn't recommend going into a new event and experimenting with nutrition. Stick with things that you have used before to ensure you know your body will react well with them.

OP
OP
PaulSecteur

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Also try eating solid food before exercise,drink often,wash gels down.

Thinking about it...

Breakkie - Porridge 4.30am
Lunch - Salad Wrap 10.30am
Dinner - Salad wrap and 2 slices of battenberg cake at 12. Then nothing after and took the gels and zero at 4pm

PS- Excellent choice of avatar.

Top Bottom