Calais restaurants for a large group

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Does anyone have any experience of staying in Calais with a large group and going for a meal. I am organising the Friday's tour in June and we are looking for a restaurant that can cater for a group of 30 cyclists on a Friday Night. I know lots of charity rides often stay in Calais, so they might be able to recommend somewhere suitable. Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks

CXRAndy

Guru
With that number of people, advanced booking will be required.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
If by restaurant you mean a traditional one, I can't help you but on the other hand, I recommend Flunch which is a self service one and offers good food at reasonable prices. Not to be confused with fast food I may add. I always have the steak hache, cooked to your liking, saignant in my case, which means rare in English. Then you can choose your own vegetable. There is also a good selection of cheese and desserts. Flunch is part of the Auchan supermarkets group so find an Auchan and Flunch will be next to it. In 2014, I followed the TdF with 5 other British lads. I introduced them to Flunch and they all loved it. Every town we stopped at in the evening, they always asked where the nearest Flunch was.
I hope this is useful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
If by restaurant you mean a traditional one, I can't help you but on the other hand, I recommend Flunch which is a self service one and offers good food at reasonable prices. Not to be confused with fast food I may add. I always have the steak hache, cooked to your liking, saignant in my case, which means rare in English. Then you can choose your own vegetable. There is also a good selection of cheese and desserts. Flunch is part of the Auchan supermarkets group so find an Auchan and Flunch will be next to it. In 2014, I followed the TdF with 5 other British lads. I introduced them to Flunch and they all loved it. Every town we stopped at in the evening, they always asked where the nearest Flunch was.
I hope this is useful.

Thanks. I have used Flunch before and I agree it is much better thank most similar places in the UK.

I know a lovely place, bistro style, full french menu (but some english spoken, je pense) in the centre. It is not large enough for the Fridays.

It might be worth trying a few places on the seafront that are used to catering for larger groups. Your favourite search engine should help. Bonne chance!

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Does anyone have any experience of staying in Calais with a large group and going for a meal. I am organising the Friday's tour in June and we are looking for a restaurant that can cater for a group of 30 cyclists on a Friday Night. I know lots of charity rides often stay in Calais, so they might be able to recommend somewhere suitable. Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have actually found a restaurant in Central Calais that has a large upstairs room and looks like it is just the ticket.

Top Bottom