"Call for bike ban after woman knocked over" (by dog and its a cycle path stupid) Cannock Chase Heri

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Odyssey

Anyone can be inconsiderate though. You don't have to be on a bike.

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
The thing is its a cycle path and the impression from the article is that its for walkers. She says that Mountain Bikers should not be on pathways. Its a cycle path!!!!!!

Also dogs like to run and would have still knocked her over even if the cycles were not there.

Typical hack, she doesn't 'call for a ban' as the headline says because she is quoted as saying she 'doesn't mind families on slow pushbikes'.

Meanwhile ten people died in RTCs today. Business as usual.

domd1979

Veteran
It is a shared use path

http://www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?categoryID=1106&documentID=474

There's always been tension on the Chase with "cyclists v walkers". When I've been walking over the Chase, cyclists have generally been considerate. There are some that go hell for leather where it isn't appropriate to.

Sore Thumb said:
The thing is its a cycle path and the impression from the article is that its for walkers. She says that Mountain Bikers should not be on pathways. Its a cycle path!!!!!!

Also dogs like to run and would have still knocked her over even if the cycles were not there.

BAN ALL DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - whats the point in them anyway?????????????

arent they born wild anyway..- can i get a lion and walk it without a lead along these paths????

LLB

How about ban all dog walking cyclists who are unable to control their dogs whilst cycling, not ban cyclists from a cyclepath.

This is primarily a dog walking problem, and the call to ban cycling on it is a bit nimbyish, it doesn't make any sense to me where she is coming from.

LLB

domd1979 said:
Cannock ain't in the West Mids, and it has an accent all of its own...

I know its not, I hired a narrow boat for a long weekend from Kings Bromley and ended up in Cannock last October, however anyone north of Tewkesbury has funny accents where I come from. (saw Dame Ellen Macarthur kayaking on the canal as we passed through Rugeley - in awe of that woman :wacko: )

domd1979

Veteran
I'm from the West Mids, so no problem being associated with it :biggrin:. I take the West Mids as being the West Midlands County as was. Cannock is in Staffordshire :biggrin:

User said:
Sorry - but Cannock Chase is in the West Midlands, just as Birmingham is. Hence it has a West Midlands MEP etc.

You may not want to be associated with the West Midlands - but tough, you are. At least I didn't insult Cannock Chasein's by calling them 'Brummies'... :biggrin:

Top Bottom