1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Call for bike ban after woman knocked over" (by dog and its a cycle path stupid) Cannock Chase Heri

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by Sore Thumb, 4 Apr 2008.

1. Sore Thumb

Sore Thumb Veteran

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

That has nothing to do with bikes.

Though if the cyclists were being inconsiderate anyway then that's not really on.

3. Odyssey

Odyssey New Member

Anyone can be inconsiderate though. You don't have to be on a bike.

4. Sore Thumb

Sore Thumb Veteran

The thing is its a cycle path and the impression from the article is that its for walkers. She says that Mountain Bikers should not be on pathways. Its a cycle path!!!!!!

Also dogs like to run and would have still knocked her over even if the cycles were not there.

5. Typical hack, she doesn't 'call for a ban' as the headline says because she is quoted as saying she 'doesn't mind families on slow pushbikes'.

Meanwhile ten people died in RTCs today. Business as usual.

6. domd1979

domd1979 New Member

It is a shared use path

http://www.cannockchasedc.gov.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?categoryID=1106&documentID=474

There's always been tension on the Chase with "cyclists v walkers". When I've been walking over the Chase, cyclists have generally been considerate. There are some that go hell for leather where it isn't appropriate to.

7. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

The common feature here is the pedestrians.

Ban 'em!

8. CotterPin

CotterPin Senior Member

She was hit by a dog - surely they should be banned??

9. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Ah, another Mail Group owned local rag doing an anti bike feature. Not new at all, our local rag does the same.

10. dantheman

dantheman New Member

BAN ALL DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - whats the point in them anyway?????????????

arent they born wild anyway..- can i get a lion and walk it without a lead along these paths????

11. Regulator

Regulator Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

You could - but please note that lions are cats, not dogs.... :biggrin:

12. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

I agree.

13. LLB

LLB Guest

How about ban all dog walking cyclists who are unable to control their dogs whilst cycling, not ban cyclists from a cyclepath.

This is primarily a dog walking problem, and the call to ban cycling on it is a bit nimbyish, it doesn't make any sense to me where she is coming from.

14. Regulator

Regulator Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

She's from the Midlands - they never make sense.... :tongue::ohmy:

15. LLB

LLB Guest

Known as Yoyos in the West Midlands - What Yo doing yo :ohmy: