Call me Daddy.....!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Congratulations from me as well Gary, I'm sure you and Mrs. G must be 'over the moon'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NickM

Veteran
I can't offer any parenting tips, but I'm glad to hear of the safe arrival of your new descendant, Gary :blush:

I hope he brings you much joy and only moderate expense!

graham56

Guru
Well done bonny lad, give my regards to your wife. Just think of all those sleepless nights to come:biggrin: Been there 3 times, not to bad actually;)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Many congratulations - off to Isla bikes for you now to buy him his first!!!Wonderful post - always great to hear people so happy.

longers

Legendary Member
I enjoyed reading your post, as Slowgrind said " I can feel the pride bursting out of the monitor". Congratulations to you both.

CycleWidow

Many congratulations Gary, your post has brightened my day!
I had a baby girl in January (Katy) also by section (the sunroof method) and along with our 2 year old they are the centre of our world!
We didnt really think we'd want kids either but when you get them you start asking......why did we not do this sooner!?
And yes for Harry's second Christmas Santa bought him a lovely red bike and he loves it.

yenrod

Gary Askwith said:
I have been away a while and promised to post an update for the soapbox regulars

Mrs A gave birth to a perfect, healthy baby boy, 10 Ib 10 oz ( by c-section before you all wince) on 10th August 12.44 pm...our first-and only!- child

The whole experience has been mind-warping...a few of you may remember our little story.... how 'er indoors was diagnosed infertile, how we never wanted..or even liked-kids...- until we discovered she was 5 months gone..then we reversed our whole attitude to embrace fortune...ahhhh

I dont think any description can convey the emotion, relief and joy when he was put in my arms for the first time and i showed the Mrs across the operating table...I hav'nt blubbed like that in years!:ohmy:
As babies go he seems no bother, only cries when hes hungry, or full of wind or needs a bit of nursing, sleeps for 2-3 hrs...so here i am walking round the room gazing in rapture into his eyes talking gobblegook-nonsense and loving it
The only slight hitch is that he is so big (-not fat) and greedy that the missus cant satisy him with breast milk alone and has to supplement with ( hawk, spit) formula milk
We called him James (although i have been reading Endgame vol 2 and Luke was almost our first choice :blush:)
..And now i have 2 weeks paternety leave from work coming up shortly to relieve these few days of re-enforced wage slavery...weh-hey:biggrin::biggrin:

The power and the glory !

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Many thanks for all the kind comments, fatherhood really is the delight everyone has been telling me about....:ohmy:

..but i am no closer in understanding where babies actually come from.:ohmy:..not in the superficial biological facts, common-sense, sort of way but in the deeper philosopical sense.....some say babies 'come into the world' but I dont think that is correct- came from where?..what is outside the world?
They seem to emerge from the world, from some groundswell of being which our narrowly focused conscious attention has trouble comprehending.....:ohmy:
Apologies for this self indulgence...be warned all you fatherless ones, staring into your babies eyes does tend to have this kind of effect:thumbsup::blush:

Top Bottom