calling all 80's arcade gamers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Not sure if anyone remember's but there used to be a 4 player arcade game called something like 'Dungeon's' and you had a choice of 4 characters. I forgot what its called

mondobongo

Über Member
Gauntlet and we thought those graphics were so cool.

domtyler

Über Member
Tetedelacourse said:
Yip Gauntlet. I had it for my Spectrum. If you held down ctrl and shift, you could walk through walls.

Well remembered! Did you get that from the cheats page in "Crash"? :biggrin:

red_tom

Walker shot the food. :biggrin:

I think Gaunlet had a lot to answer for. As far as I remember it was the first game where you could just pummle money to get more health and get further in the game.

My faves were

Tempest.
Sinistar.
Rolling Thunder.
720 Degrees.
Nintendo Arm Wrestling.

Much money wasted on Eastbourne Pier as a kid :smile:

red_tom

walker said:
nah, best games were double dragon, Kung Fu, Golden axe.

Is that Yie ar kung fu or Kung Fu Master? Kung Fu master was great (mainly because the hero was called Thomas and was a ginger...)

domtyler

Über Member
Frank Bruno's boxing spelt the death knell for my Speccy, when I couldn't beat the tenth opponent after about six hours of continuous effort I finally smashed the thing to bits!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can get all those games for the PC using an arcade emulator like MAME - brill !

domtyler said:
Frank Bruno's boxing spelt the death knell for my Speccy, when I couldn't beat the tenth opponent after about six hours of continuous effort I finally smashed the thing to bits!
I bent the keyboard when I punched it for cheating at Match Day 2. :smile:

Best arcade game ever was Star Wars with the cabinet that you sat in....:biggrin:
<goes all misty eyed and nostalgic>

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I found space invaders a bit complex, and gave up on games at that point. Apart from pacman. That is the dog's nadgers! :becool:

Top Bottom