Calling all cycling ladies!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Cathy

Didn't really have many preconceptions at all - partly because there really are no stats out there on women cyclists so it's hard to have much of an idea what the real picture is. I'm up to 40 results so far which is fantastic, however most folk who have seen the link so far are from this very forum and therefore some of the most dedicated cyclists out there. So far the vast majority of respondents say they cycle every single day and most own more than one bike - which makes me feel better about my two bikes ;) The most popular destination by far is to work - makes sense, lots of commuters on here myself included.
I am circulating the survey elsewhere too so hopefully once I've busted into more than 100 responses I will be getting some good findings. I suspect the frequency of cycling/number of bikes owned data will reduce as more casual cyclists fill the survey in - but who knows eh?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I think I might need another bike. I only have one and it sounds like most ladies have two....

Arch said:
'would feel self conscious'? Do these people walk along in burkhas never speaking? I suppose I'm relatively unbothered about how people see me, but that just sounds downright daft.

You don't sound like too much of a 'girly girl' but for all those 'women' out there who wouldn't be seen dead without makeup, straightened hair, stiletto heels, micro skirts (or as I prefer to see them large belts) and orange skin; I'd imagine being seen on a bike without one/all of those things is a fate worse than death. And it must be pretty hard to cycle in a micro skirt with stilettos.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
SavageHoutkop said:
You don't sound like too much of a 'girly girl' but for all those 'women' out there who wouldn't be seen dead without makeup, straightened hair, stiletto heels, micro skirts (or as I prefer to see them large belts) and orange skin; I'd imagine being seen on a bike without one/all of those things is a fate worse than death. And it must be pretty hard to cycle in a micro skirt with stilettos.

Ah but surely it's worth a go just for research purposes.......

Arch

Married to Night Train
SavageHoutkop said:

To be honest, I'd be pretty traumatised if I saw that, let alone if I was seen like it....:biggrin:

I have a sneaking admiration for anyone who can walk in heels, let alone ride in them - but I also think you can ride in pretty much anything, if you want to - so it all comes back top whether you really want to. Look at the average Dutch lady rider, she'll probably be in perfectly 'normal' skirt and shoes - sandals, boots, anything. Because she knows it's possible, and normal...

Cathryn - remember, the ideal number of bikes to own is n + 1, where n is the number you currently have.

Top Bottom