Calling all 'General Cycling' thread starters!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fran143

Über Member
What's a poke? :shy:

It is a cyber prode.....facebook!:thumbsup:

cycleruk

I'll likely put it back to Beginners - it seemed to work better that way.

What might be a more positive use of this thread (in addition to the OP's suggestion) is a consideration of how best to organise and name the cycling-specific forums.

General Cycling is probably a big part of the problem as it covers, well, everything - so it may well help if it is renamed to Beginners again and then anyone wanting technical help might feel Know How is more appropriate.

Do we need a general cycling forum if we have all other aspects covered in the more specifically named forums?

Do we have any gaps where new forums would be useful?

What do you think?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

there are loads of forums for different types of cycling, i do not see the point of the general cycling forum.
If you wanted to rename it as a different forum, you could call it "none cycling related forum".I think new members/beginners should be encouraged to post in the necessary forums and not be afraid to post anything, at the end of the day, wasnt that the position that we all used to be in :thumbsup: .
So any beginners or new members watching this thread, please dont be put put of by the forum title etc, if you are wondering about something then its a guarantee that someone else is aswell. no one knows every thing and you are not the only one learning new things every day!:biggrin:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hello and welcome.

A lot of the threads in General Cycling should, in truth, be in more appropriate sections of the forum.

Would you mind if they were put into the correct sections and free this section up for other types of enquiry? No

Would it encourage you to get about the forum more? No

Why don't some of you explore and post in the correct sections in the first place? Wut ?

This is all thought through but hopefully you get my point? Wut ?

rusky

CC Addict
I do think that the current GC heading is possibly a catch all for those who don't bother to post in the correct forum.

However, Beginners is a nice way of saying "ask in here if you really don't know where to ask"

You're always going to have a) posts that don't fit in anywhere else. & b) people who will post anywhere without thinking.

All you can do in reality is cut down on the amount of posts mods have to move!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
You appear to be the only one getting "shirty" on here, at least you do not single out any one victim! You really sound like a lovely person with a great grasp of the English language but no idea on how to write it......that gets me "shirty".:rolleyes:

Sorry did I say you sound like a lovely person........

If you're at the back and struggling on a ride i'm on....... Or had a nasty mechanical issue.......you'd change your reply.......many on here know me in person and know i'm a nice bloke.

Shaun

Founder
If you're at the back and struggling on a ride i'm on....... Or had a nasty mechanical issue.......you'd change your reply.......many on here know me in person and know i'm a nice bloke.

If that's true, then you should have no problem offering ttcycle an apology for this:

edit: found where i referred to you as a bloke. tbh tho, by re-reading your posts, i should have spotted you were a bird.....now you have something to bitch about!

It wasn't really necessary or helpful to the discussion, was it?

Fran143

Über Member

What makes you think I'd be at the back on a ride that you are on and I wouldn't ride it if I didn't know how to fix it!
My reply is based on first impressions of how you come across on here......so if you are such a nice bloke then why the front?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I was
Laie_76A.gif
- and I was
dirol.gif

thank_you.gif

Top Bottom