Calling all helmet cam experts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
I need to sort one out for work (for cycle route assessment), and am having trouble finding something that seems to fit the bill:

Needs to run on AA batteries or similar so that I can get a good 4-5 hours use out of it in a day without having to charge anything, and it should be able to store said 4-5 hours of footage (doesn't matter if more than one memory card is needed). Preferably an all-in-one unit that's easy to use and cost less than £200.

I don't need to be able to replay stuff through a screen, it doesn't even need sound (not sure I can mind language enough for that length of time!), but it will need a solid mount so I can be sure it's always pointing in the same direction of my head.

THe most common model that would appear to suit is the Oregon Scientific ATC3K - are there any other makes/models that I should consider?

PpPete

Legendary Member
4-5 hours is going to be a challenge.

You could buy 3 of the Muvi clones for about £10 each. On board battery is supposed to last 1.5 - 2 hours.

Or maybe you can find one of the emergency phone chargers which runs off AA batteries and outputs to a mini USB ?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I think the contour HD will record that long on SD mode, but it doesn't take AA and it is a little over your price bracket.

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
Ah, yes, I don't expect to get that out of one set of batteries - just that standard over-the-counter batteries would enable hours of usage even if it means a couple of changes.

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
Ended up ordering the ATC5000 - that X170 looks just the job but tipped the budget over once memory cards were added. Thanks all.

Too late but may help others
X170 here £ 200

20% discount code

ARBTALK20 not sure if it still works that would make it £160

Top Bottom