Calling all recreational and athletic cyclists!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jjbike

I'm currently undertaking some research for a final year project, and would greatly appreciate your opinions and knowledge on cycling.

My area of focus is a cycle safety innovation for athletic and recreational cyclists, but all data and input is invaluable.

I have a short 7 question survey here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7PTZDDW

Thanks for your time.
Feel free to ask any questions.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Done! Not sure 'my legs hurt' is the quite of answer you're looking for with regards to issues I regularly face on my rides.

Lee_M

Guru
Has cyclechat been given out as an easy way to do university work? we seem to get at least one of these per week, written by a 'new member' - ie someone we'll never hear from again, and the questions always show a distinct lack of knowledge about cycling/cyclist

what for example is an athletic cyclist?

nothing personal against the OP, but i'd be more inclined to answer if I thought the questions were relevant.

although I'm not expecting him to read this, as I doubt he'll ever return

bah humbug - before anyone else says it!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Surveys go thus:
  • Someone posts survey
  • Everyone takes the questions apart
  • Original poster tries to explain questions
  • Everyone forgets that part of the process of learning is making mistakes
  • I have a poo
  • The world continues to turn
Nowt personal to either the OP or you Lee :smile:

OP
OP
jjbike

jjbike

Thanks for all of the responses so far, they've been very helpful already.

Has cyclechat been given out as an easy way to do university work? we seem to get at least one of these per week, written by a 'new member' - ie someone we'll never hear from again, and the questions always show a distinct lack of knowledge about cycling/cyclist

what for example is an athletic cyclist?

nothing personal against the OP, but i'd be more inclined to answer if I thought the questions were relevant.

although I'm not expecting him to read this, as I doubt he'll ever return

bah humbug - before anyone else says it!

Hi Lee, thanks for your feedback. By 'athletic cyclist', I meant anyone who cycled for sports purposes - for example a triathlete or anyone who cycles competitively.

The questions may not seem relevant to an outsider, but good questionnaire design avoids giving away to much detail, to avoid demand bias. Already the responses have been very useful.

Rather than an "easy way to do university work", this is simply an effective way of targeting a larger group of people than would actually be possible in person.

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Top Bottom