Cycling Survey (open to all)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Completed.

What's PLTW?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You need to distinguish between inflating a tyre because the pressure needs topping up, and doing so because it’s flat. No keen rider tries to ride on a flat tyre, it will end in disaster. You fix it, it doesn’t take long, and doesn’t happen all that often.

markemark

Über Member
A little unsure in answering as needing a top-up, needing a big top-up and flat are very different to me and will vary from rider to rider and from bike to bike. I answered based on it being flat (dangerously low) as that was what the questions asked.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The only time I've ridden on a flat tyre is when a drastic deflation has occurred either through a big cut or twice when the valve has ripped out of the innertube

freiston

Veteran
I notice that the PLTW scheme is a USA thing whilst this board is predominantly UK. Not sure if that will have any bearing.

Like others, I top up my tyres without letting them get too/dangerously low. I don't wait for them to get "flat" before getting the pump out.

I don't keep to a specific pressure but generally keep within a range, tending to top up to the top of the range so that I get more time between top-ups. I will ride on lower pressures in certain circumstances and will almost always give them a top-up before embarking on a fully loaded ride.

classic33

Leg End Member
I keep on getting
File unavailable

Sorry, there's a problem with this file. Please reload.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I check my tyres before each ride. Sometimes after a ride if I know I am out early the next day. With the cost of tyres, I check regularly. I am not one for riding with too low a tyre pressure.

We are a group of highschool seniors working on an engineering project in tandem with the PLTW engineering pathway offered at our school. We are looking to collect some information about bike riding and thought that Cycle Chat would be a great place to post our survey. Please feel free to take a look and fill it out. Your input is appreciated!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...94yECWMraQG3SRYbEz_V19ag/viewform?usp=sf_link

Sorry, I'd like to help but need to be signed in to Google to complete your survey. That's a no-no for me, I'm afraid.
Good luck with your research.

freiston

Veteran
Sorry, I'd like to help but need to be signed in to Google to complete your survey. That's a no-no for me, I'm afraid.
Good luck with your research.

As far as I can tell, you only need to sign in to Google to "save your progress" - if you complete the survey without closing the window/tab, you can do it without signing in. I don't like being signed into Google when I don't need to be - which is fine on my desktop/laptop PCs but I can't see a way of doing it on my Android phone.

As far as I can tell, you only need to sign in to Google to "save your progress" - if you complete the survey without closing the window/tab, you can do it without signing in. I don't like being signed into Google when I don't need to be - which is fine on my desktop/laptop PCs but I can't see a way of doing it on my Android phone.

That may be true, but I'm already signed in to Google.
To answer the survey outside of Google means logging out or using an alternative browser.
It should be part of the design of a good survey that responses are easy to provide. The OP has lost one possible respondent because of this.

Top Bottom