Calling Dacia owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Have you ever taken your Dacia on the Continent? When I took mine a few months ago, I couldn't get the Satnav to work in France. Any body knows why because the book says it should be working anywhere in Europe. What am I doing wrong?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Have you ever taken your Dacia on the Continent? When I took mine a few months ago, I couldn't get the Satnav to work in France. Any body knows why because the book says it should be working anywhere in Europe. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know the answer, but...

when you say 'Couldn't get Satnav to work in France" do you mean:

unit was "dead" with no display

or

there was a message about missing map(s)

or

screen was illuminated, but blank

I ask, because, I once travelled to Hungary, (not in a Dacia) to find that, at that time, the "EU Maps" on my Tomtom Satnav did not include Hungary. Screen simply went blank. We managed with paper map, until trying to navigate Budapest we got hopelessly lost. Had to hail. a taxi, and follow it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
The screen was working but when I tried to enter a destination, it just wouldn't accept it.

Hmm... I am guessing, because I don't have a Dacia, but, do you perhaps have to manually select Country, perhaps, only the first time you input a destination in a Country other than the "home" Country.

Now, assuming you are at home, can you put in a destination in France (say)?

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Hmm... I am guessing, because I don't have a Dacia, but, do you perhaps have to manually select Country, perhaps, only the first time you input a destination in a Country other than the "home" Country.

Now, assuming you are at home, can you put in a destination in France (say)?

I think you are right. I just read the book again and it does say to enter the country. Makes sense really. I am going to Southern Ireland soon so will try it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
No air con, good grief.

Just open the windows and you have free air conditioning to a degree

Chislenko

Veteran
Just as an aside, the sat nav I have in my car (not a Dacia) you have to select a country first before you put in the post code / address of where you wish to go.

This is especially galling for me as I live right on the Wales - England border so have to select Wales or England first depending on where I am going.

However years ago we did have a car with one of the first built in Sat Navs and it's European maps were shetchy at best and when we reached the Polish border they disappeared completely.

Drago

Legendary Member
Illuminated door sills - very Fast and Furious.

And rubber mats, deep trays like the old Volvo ones, except these are embossed with contours like an OS map, such is the trendy outdoors nature of Extreme trim level.

It's got all the Climate, twat nav, android auto, heated seats, hybrid engine etc you could shake a stick at as standard, so it's little surprise that lightyuppie sills an SAS rated door mats were the only extras they could think of.

Top Bottom