Calling Dutch CycleChat members!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hope someone can help me.

I'm investigating the feasibility of taking my recumbent trike on the train in Holland when I embark upon my Rhine/Moselle river cycle tour in May/June this year.

I've spoken with Deutsche Bahn about taking my trike on their trains inn Germany - no problems, I just have to buy a ticket for it (at 6€ for the day).

I'm struggling to get info that isn't contradictory about bikes on trains in the Netherlands, however. My Bikeline book seems to suggest I won't be allowed a bike on the train in June or September, a website suggests I can have a bike on the train with a ticket as long as it's not the rush hour, but I haven't managed to find anything that I'm 100% sure of. I'd rather like to phone NS up and get an answer straight from the horse's mouth - but I can't find a phone number for them! Can anyone help?

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I know there are a couple of steps up onto the NS trains but that is manageable with my trike (although if the doors don't open wider than 95cm it might be a problem!) but it's more a case of, 'is it allowed?'

Top Bottom