Calling Scott Addict owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Usual advice is go smaller not bigger. Easier to grow a bike a little than shrink it

Can you not sit on one

OP
OP
S

shanta

Regular
Current bike (56, i beleive, need to confirm) stack = 57.7, Reach = 38.7
Addict (54) Stack = 547.5, Reach = 388.9

So, reach is the same, im not sure how stack affects fit TBH...

vickster

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
It's going to be a more aggressive ride as the Addict is a race bike. Is that what you want or are you simply looking for a carbon bike to upgrade but match the Trek? If so compare across the Trek range perhaps as a start?

As said, stack and reach are the starting point

This is why trying to find an online bargain without trying the bikes can prove misguided. A bargain may end up losing you money

Evans have the addict 20 in a 54cm. Why not get the Birmingham store to get one in, get a good test ride. It's in your budget, £60 refundable deposit if it's no good

Bearing in mind it would be poor form to then buy elsewhere...

OP
OP
S

shanta

Regular
Yes i realise the Addict is more aggressisve which is fine as i want to move my riding up a notch next year.

I will try and get to Evans when possible,although its the Addict 10 i want, if the 54 is no good i will prob go with the Rose.

vickster

Legendary Member
I doubt you'll find it on the shop floor. They'll need to get it for you, for which they charge

OP
OP
S

shanta

Regular
Just been to a shop in Leamington Spa that has a 2014 Addict 56. Felt pretty stretched out, more so than the Trek but standover seemed ok. ALOT more seat post out on my Trek though in comparison so I'm still undecided...

huwsparky

Über Member
If it felt stretched out and had a 100mm or shorter stem then it's pretty likely you should be looking for a smaller size. They say a stem shorter than 10cm can make a bike feel twitchy at the front end so ideally you don't want to be 'making' the bike shorter by fitting a really short stem.

Top Bottom