Calling Scott Addict owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boydj

Legendary Member
I'd check the horizontal top tube measurement for comparison. With compact frames the seat tube measurement is not a good comparison.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Scott geometry link I posted earlier includes stem length iirc and everything else too

Yep 110 on the 56cm

OP
OP
S

shanta

Regular
Sent my RETUL data to the shop where I've seen the Addict and they reckon I'm on a 54! Went my local shop this evening and they had a Foil in for some work. I think it was a 54 as there were no markings on it. I quickly the my.leg over it and reach seemed fine but my friend said I looked to big on it.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am same height as you(5ft10) but my in seam is one inch longer (33).

I rode a Scott Speedster 56 with a 100mm stem for a few years. It fitted me great.

My new Cannondale is a 54.

Venod

Eh up
I don't have a Scott but I am the same Height & inside leg as you, I have two 54cm bikes one has a 55.6cm virtual top tube with a 100mm stem the other a 54.5cm with a 110mm stem, don't know the stack or reach, i just use the required number of spacers to give the right handlebar height. If in doubt get the 54cm.

NorvernRob

I'm 5'9 with a 32" inside leg and have a 54cm Foil, a 56 would have hardly any seatpost showing. The 54 is perfect, I have all the spacers below the stem removed

I'd be very surprised if you went for anything other than a 54, I also have a 53cm Cube (effectively a 51 as the frames come up small) and that is fine too. Always go on the small side if between two sizes.

Last edited:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
That's because the 56 is your size and the 54 isn't...

Well that explains that one then.

Just goes to show dont rely on others to say which to buy, as both sizes were recommended at different times and different staff by the same shop, so the moral is have a go before buying.

Top Bottom