Calling Yorkshire folk of all persuasions

What's your preferred date?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Calum

Well this looks jolly!
ColinJ, why not just jump on the train as far as Leeds and do a century with me Colly and Bokonon? I'd be happy to meet you at the station as it's a 2 minute ride from my halls of residence. Then we could fight are way up through Leeds to meet the other two.

Gromit

Über Member
Pete and I should be up for that, will have to check with him first because of deadlining and all that.

galaxy1

Yep, I'd be up for it on one of the first two weeks (1st or 15th) Is this going to be some sort fast lycra sprintathon? I'm not that fast on my galaxy

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Calum said:
Well this looks jolly!
ColinJ, why not just jump on the train as far as Leeds and do a century with me Colly and Bokonon? I'd be happy to meet you at the station as it's a 2 minute ride from my halls of residence. Then we could fight are way up through Leeds to meet the other two.
If our railway system was better I would do! The trouble is, the first train on Sunday is 09:52 arriving in Leeds at 10:46, which isn't much good for a 10:00 start from York! I'd be fine on a Saturday because the trains start at 05:55.

I like to sleep in my own bed (I'm getting old and set in my ways, you understand B)) so I'm not about to try and scrounge a stopover at someone's house to make it possible.

As for the ride across West Yorkshire in the early hours thing... I think I'll leave that until our West Yorkshire Cycle Route ride in June!

ColinJ

Calum said:
umm...... rent a car?! :-D
I'd have to rent a driver too. Wait a minute - I've just invented the taxi!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
galaxy1 said:
Yep, I'd be up for it on one of the first two weeks (1st or 15th) Is this going to be some sort fast lycra sprintathon? I'm not that fast on my galaxy

Not if I have anything to do with it! Don't worry, I'll keep you company at the back.

Just realised I'll be able to give my new CC jersey its first outing:biggrin:.

Calum

So what about poor Colinj? Car-less and trapped in deepest West Yorkshire?! (There's a song in there somewhere)

Can you not get a lift from a friend? Bribing them with cash and assorted consumables?

ColinJ

Calum said:
Can you not get a lift from a friend? Bribing them with cash and assorted consumables?
At least the one weekend out of the next 5 that I'm not free also happens to be the one weekend when the ride is definitely not going to take place.

(No offence to residents of Leeds, but...) Who would want to set out to drive to Leeds at about 07:30 on a Sunday unless it was to meet up for a bike ride?

Once you've settled on the date, I'll ask around.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
Not if I have anything to do with it! Don't worry, I'll keep you company at the back.

Just realised I'll be able to give my new CC jersey its first outing:biggrin:.

I'm at the back too, taking photos, eating cake and stopping to look at new born lambs!!

Top Bottom