Calls to back campaign for cycle law change.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I expect you have some examples of cyclists deliberately riding into motor vehicles in countries that have PL?

No, you haven't, because it's an utterly stupid claim which wouldn't work under PL anyway. You can't cycle into cars and claim compensation under PL. So I'm mildly interested why you just wrote a screed about summat you know next to nothing about?

I wrote it, because it is my opinion. And this is a public forum. Not everything requires proof, I have very little faith in people, and believe it will be exploited.

Are differing opinions allowed? Or only opinions that fit in with the clique?

You do know that much of Europe has this on their books for years. Any examples of cyclist deliberately riding into a car in Europe?

I don't really follow that often, as I have said. It is merely an opinion that I believe it will get exploited. Does anywhere else in Europe have the same crash for cash issue here?

And the fact that there is no record, anywhere, of this ever happening in PL countries does nothing to change your opinion?

It's a laughably stupid claim, it's just absurd.

And the fact that there is no record, anywhere, of this ever happening in PL countries does nothing to change your opinion?

It's a laughably stupid claim, it's just absurd.

But we have records of UK drivers exploiting Presumed Liability. Though not in legislation, it is presumed that the car who drives into the rear of another is liable, this has led to "Crash for Cash".

Maybe your opinion of people is more positive than mine, but all it is, is an opinion.

If you can't see the difference between driving a steel box into another steel box and deliberately cycling into a steel box then I wonder how on earth you manage to chew gum and walk at the same time.

If you can't see the difference between driving a steel box into another steel box and deliberately cycling into a steel box then I wonder how on earth you manage to chew gum and walk at the same time.

I don't chew gum.........

I see the difference, but it still doesn't mean I agree with it.

If cars were legislated to have cameras in, then I could agree with it more. But it is open to unscrupulous claims. Collision doesn't even need to happen, fall off on your own, grab a reg of a nearby car, and complain. Can the driver provide any evidence that they wasn't involved?

They're all ifs, and buts, I know. No evidence, no facts, and I'm not presenting it as that. If it happens, and it works, then great. But I don't support it until I understand how the system will work properly. But it doesn't consume me so much at the moment to give it time to look into it, beyond making a few throw-away comments on a cycling forum about my opinion.

Top Bottom