Calorie Count Algorithm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lulubel

Über Member
Totally agree. Most people will be better off by assuming 500 calories per hour of fairly intense cycling, than almost anything else. Any efficiency variations from that will be less than 10%.

You must have been undereating for a long time if you get by on 500 calories per hour for intense cycling. If I ate that little, the weight would be dropping off me - until my body went into starvation mode, of course, and I stopped losing weight altogether.

VamP

Banned
The human body isn't a computer, and anyone who believes you can calculate its needs with a few basic equations is living in fantasy land.

Well, those of us who don't have your magical crystal ball make do with science and a few basic equations.

Obviously if science does not fit your belief system, then you need to find something else to believe in.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I dont know why some people are getting a tad over heated in this debate as were only voicing our opinions - based on our own personal experience......

and when it comes down to assumptions - then no-one can be write or wrong.

but hey its all good fun and a good debate topic, but lets not fight to the death here and just agree to disagree.

i'm training by bike ony, i sit at my desk all day working on spreadsheets and visio charts, i eat fish, salads, pasta's rices, i use a HR monitor to work out my calories burnt during excercise and i'm losing weight in the way i want too. So am i right or wrong in what i'm doing - who cares, its working for me!!!!

VamP

Banned
It's not really a matter of opinion though jowwy. Like you can't really reasonably be of the opinion that the Earth is flat anymore.

Here, read this, and if you still not sure about things then come back.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I dont know why some people are getting a tad over heated in this debate as were only voicing our opinions - based on our own personal experience......

and when it comes down to assumptions - then no-one can be write or wrong.

but hey its all good fun and a good debate topic, but lets not fight to the death here and just agree to disagree.

i'm training by bike ony, i sit at my desk all day working on spreadsheets and visio charts, i eat fish, salads, pasta's rices, i use a HR monitor to work out my calories burnt during excercise and i'm losing weight in the way i want too. So am i right or wrong in what i'm doing - who cares, its working for me!!!!

The problem with bad assumptions is whilst you may be loosing at present (most people will loose weight upon taking up exercise and eating a bit better) when you eventually platou, and making the right adjustments to your diet and or exercise becomes a finer art, then you may begin to struggle to maintain your progress because of the poor assumptions skewing your calculations etc.

I dont bother calorie counting.

Top Bottom