Calories Difference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris Swift

Guys,

I have a garmin edge 200 which I sync to garmin then strava... why is there such a big jump in Calories between strava and garmin? Which one do I believe over the other?

Same route synced strava says: 645 Cal... But garmin says: 1,314

????

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Guys,

I have a garmin edge 200 which I sync to garmin then strava... why is there such a big jump in Calories between strava and garmin? Which one do I believe over the other?

Same route synced strava says: 645 Cal... But garmin says: 1,314

????
They are all wildly inaccurate I think. You are probably as well working on 30 to 40 calories per mile rather that anything they say.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
This question has been asked a huge number of times on this forum, have a crack at the search feature, you are bound to pull up a bucketload of info.

vickster

Legendary Member
Garmin measurements are nonsense! Mine claimed over 3000 cals for 50 miles. Half seems rather more likely

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
I'm not sure why people obsess over devices that allege to give you an accurate calories used re-out.

Why not just eat what you feel you need on a daily basis and weigh yourself perhaps once a fortnight. If you've gained a little weight then just moderate your food intake slightly.

OP
OP
Chris Swift

Chris Swift

Thanks for your replies im not calorie counting etc... I just wondered why such a difference and if any which one was correct. lol.

Top Bottom