camapg xenon wheel interaction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Coco said:
Did you do any damage on your last fall?

You know what, I never thought about that. Perhaps I did. The bike did come down on the mech side. Oh well. I've ordered a new hanger from Ribble on next day delivery so I can install it over the weekend. I'm not having much luck with the bike at the moment. :tongue:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
you could get those nice people ask the engineering workshop to straighten the existing hanger (i assume there is one at the hospital)

doesn't hurt to have a spare though

OP
OP
M

magnatom

PatrickPending said:
you could get those nice people ask the engineering workshop to straighten the existing hanger (i assume there is one at the hospital)

doesn't hurt to have a spare though

Unfortunately there isn't an engineering workshop at this hospital, it is at another hospital in Glasgow. I do know them though, so maybe I could get this one fixed as a spare for the future...not that I will need another one....hopefully! :blush:

MartinC

Über Member
Magnatom, from the pictures it looks to me that the hanger is bent. They're made of soft aluminium so that in a fall the hanger (not the frame or mech) is damaged. They're easy to straighten if you've got an alignment tool (your LBS will). They're also easy to replace if you get the right one - google will turn up lots, you need to select by shape.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

MartinC said:
Magnatom, from the pictures it looks to me that the hanger is bent. They're made of soft aluminium so that in a fall the hanger (not the frame or mech) is damaged. They're easy to straighten if you've got an alignment tool (your LBS will). They're also easy to replace if you get the right one - google will turn up lots, you need to select by shape.

Aye, I've ordered a new one. With it being this years Ribble Winter bike, I've ordered the correct one from them. Having a look at the bike it looks like it is held on with some hex bolts, so should be easy to install. I'm off tomorrow, so should have time to fix it. I'll just have a harder ride home keeping away from the low gears! :blush:

Tynan

Veteran
no-one?

did you make that mudguard yourself from an old drain pipe?

that carpet!

where do Scotch plumbers learn their pipe fitting, dear god!

what width is that tyre, horrird!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tynan said:
no-one?

did you make that mudguard yourself from an old drain pipe?

that carpet!

where do Scotch plumbers learn their pipe fitting, dear god!

what width is that tyre, horrird!

Ha! The mudguard came with the bike, the carpet is in my office at work and the tyre is 25mm. Do I pass?;) oh and the pipes... it's nhs. If we use the radiators they shake so much they come off the wall.....seriously!

Tynan

Veteran
thnak god, I have a low opinion of Scotland but still ...

I was worried that that was somewhere in your house

do think of those that have to follow you and look at that mudguard

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tynan said:
thnak god, I have a low opinion of Scotland but still ...

I was worried that that was somewhere in your house

do think of those that have to follow you and look at that mudguard

Prey tell, why the low opinion of Scotland?

Tynan

Veteran
a casual lazy humourous one

ditto Wales and Ireland, I've been to all three and liked them all

ditto most Northern towns in England too if that helps

especially middlesborough, the buggers had the nerve to arrest me

Top Bottom