Camera = phone down.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
This guy was going to ignore my comment on him phoning, until I pointed out the helmet camera. That got an instant reaction!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2sXZE7Csso

There was a time when most phoner/drivers would immediately put the phone down, but lately many will just acknowledge you and then carry on blatantly on the phone. I've yet to have one not put the phone down after pointing out the (very obvious) camera though.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've had similar experiences.
One guy questioned if i was the police, which i'm not. and that texting was ok as it wasn't next to his ear. He then threated to run me off the road. At which point i decided it was best not to point out the camera and just back off.
Most of the people i have pointed too do just drop it.

dondare

Über Member
I used to post on Cyclingforums.com. There was one cantankerous old flamer there who got up everyone's nose until he was killed by some kid who couldn't drive a truck and text at the same time.
Anything that discourages these mobile menaces is good.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
dondare said:
I used to post on Cyclingforums.com. There was one cantankerous old flamer there who got up everyone's nose until he was killed by some kid who couldn't drive a truck and text at the same time.
Anything that discourages these mobile menaces is good.
No, I think you must be mistaken... Mr_Hippo is alive and well and on this forum. ;)

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Mikey, do you report the phone users or do you just name and shame them on YouTube? Just curious as I have a fabulous clip of one this afternoon who completely flabbergasted me by asking "why?" after I shouted "get off the phone."

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Phone use by drivers is a huge problem that isnt really being addressed seriously. While out in the car today, spotted 5 people on their phones while driving 4 of which were in vans :/

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
HaloJ said:
Mikey, do you report the phone users or do you just name and shame them on YouTube? Just curious as I have a fabulous clip of one this afternoon who completely flabbergasted me by asking "why?" after I shouted "get off the phone."

I don't always bother with private motorists, but this one I reported to Roadsafe. Company drivers are well vulnerable to being reported, so I'll almost always report them.