Cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Banksie

Thanks for the welcome - will be looking at various options at the weekend, I am going off the idea of camera glasses and having a handlebar mounted one instead. Perhaps I should show more tolerance when out on bike - the wife always says just ignore and carry on (and she is always right!!!!). What annoys me more than anything, have done cycling in Spain and Majorca over the past few years and there wasn't any incidents at all - they seem to respect cyclists more, why can't it be like that in this country
PaulSB you are only up the road from me, I am in Southport - do a lot of rides around Rivington and surrounding areas - I am sure you have felt the wrath of the anti cycling fraternity in the area especially the ones who are good at pointing toward the cycle paths near Birkdale when you are on the road

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I run a camera on my commute, and have been able to report eight drivers for close passes and suchlike, who have been spoken to by the Police, and most of whom are reportedly contrite/shocked etc...

I got one because I wanted to have some ability/chance to make these reports/hold drivers accountable particularly if one of these careless drivers should knock me off. Obviously the camera won't catch everything which might conceivably happen but it has helped with the eight drivers mentioned above.

I started with an SJCam M10 which was slung under the bars on an out-front mount. I now have a Drift Stealth 2 (not recommended as the manufacturer support is pants) which can go on my cycle helmet but which is usually, again on the bars on an out-front mount.

IME the only advantage of the helmet mount is to catch footage of people using their phones whist sitting in queuing traffic, and being able to point it around more readily.

I intend to get a rear-facing camera light from Aldi next week in case of tailgating. My opinion is that each driver the Police speak to or deal with is more likely to drive more carefully in future either through knowing they can be caught or from being shown footage from my perspective. I may be more optimistic than others about this but am happy that I am doing what little I can to try to educate those who put me in danger.

Top Bottom