Campag 10 speed chain, HELP!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

Does anyone on the Forum know of a chain rivet tool which is compatible with Campagnolo 10 speed chains?
Campag's own tool is prohibitibly expensive £80+, (they're having a laugh are'nt they)? ;)
The problem with most after-market extractors is they are not designed to fit the Campag pin when re-joining the chain. :biggrin:

bianchi1

Guru
I always just used a run of the mill chainlink tool. Halfords one I think, or the one of my topeak multi tool. Bit of a fiddle but always worked ok.

You will need a new pins and pin thingy and links as well. God bless campag!

woohoo

Veteran
I use the KMC Campag-specific chain connectors. CRC have them for £8.99 (I'm sure they were a lot less when I bought them last year) and they are re-usable.

GrahamG

Guru
I just don't use campag chains - pop into any decent bike shop worth their salt though and they'll do it for you for a donut/biscuit tin contribution

Crankarm

Guru
Why not fit a Campag specific Wipperman Connex quick link instead? By far the cheapest and most practical solution IMHO. Well it was for me and my Campag 10spd chain.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I use the small Park Tool chain tool and (as has been recommended above) the KMC Campag-specific link - and fit a KMC 10 speed when you next change - the Gold ones are pretty.

stephec

Legendary Member
youngoldbloke said:
I use the small Park Tool chain tool and (as has been recommended above) the KMC Campag-specific link - and fit a KMC 10 speed when you next change - the Gold ones are pretty.

Indeed, Sram or KMC chains, gold does look quite pimp as well.

Tynan

Veteran
yes, I've got two of the powerlink thngs in now, one from the original new chain fitting and one from snapping the cahin a while back

gold chain does sound whizzy, do they stay gold though?

giant man

I bought the actual Campag tool. Expensive but obviously very efficient. All good fun.

OP
OP
G

girofan

Thank you all for your input. I think that Crankarm's suggestion may be the solution that I have been seeking.
Anyone who needs a loan should maybe contact giant man, as he seems to prefer an expensive solution, innit.

Top Bottom