Campag Goes 11 Speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
RedBike said:
It will be intresting to see if this stuff appears at any of the big races.

Whats happened to the electronically controlled system Campag were testing?

not sure there's any benefit for most of us. long term fettlers would be unable to do anything with them, and there's the issue of wires (instead of cables), batteries to go flat at a crucial moment, and god help us if the system is wireless…

Chris James

Über Member
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
I raise your 7 speed with my 6 speed :smile:

My 'tourer' is 5 speed. Only it was called ten speed then.

Its a bit of a cheat as I don't ride it much but it still gets dusted down from the garage every so often.

dodgy

Shimano's electronic shifting will be out 'soon'. Battery is said to last 'half a TDF' on one charge and all up weight including battery is less than Dura Ace.

Dave.

k-dog

^ yeah, it looks impressive. It's amazing how much all the cables for your gears weigh.

Making it wired is smart too - that was the big problem with the old Mavic system - everything interfered with it.

yenrod

NOT LONG BACK I DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR - WELL YOU CANT REALLY REPAIR STi LEVERS AND ENQUIRED ABOUT 10SP. AND ITS FAIRLY REASONABLE VALUE - BY AND LARGE THE SAME AS 9SP.

vbc

As Shimano and Campagnolo moved from 9 to 10 speed, we were given less choice in the individual components. Certainly less choice in crank length (try getting a 167.5 chainset now) and triple groups are now just an after thought for Campag, non existent with SRAM.

So I think that we'll see even less choice as 11 speed becomes established.

Isn't progress great?

gavintc

Guru
Personally, I think electronic shifting will be an innovative development which will in time become a reliable and effective system. However, having an extra cog at the back does not fire my rockets. Change for change's sake.

Tynan

Veteran
I got 10 speed and like it, small steps and I can always be in just the right gear for my whole ride on the big ring, works for me

Top Bottom