Campag Neutrons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
For sale: wheelset with bags and 10 speed Centaur cassette

V low mileage, 10 days usage only. £275, (£250 without cassette), cash exchange in London preferred.

gareth01244

Über Member
Are these the ultra version?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Are they new barely-used wheels, or older barely-used wheels i.e. what year's version?

Which cassette is it (13-29, whatever) and has that only had 10 days use too?

Would you post them oop north and if so, how much would you add to the price?

Cheers. :okay:

OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
To clarify: ULTRA version. Purchased spring 2015. Ridden in France for 9 days and in Surrey/Kent for a few days last year, say 1000k in total. Dry weather only so v g condition. Cassette has had same usage, 12-30T. Schwalbe Ultremo DD tyres, 25mm. Postage/freight: you choose the preferred carrier and you can control that cost,

Last edited:
OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
Colin, payment received, thankyou. That was a efficiently and harmoniouosly completed transaction.

I was prompted by yr earlier comment to review yr local terrain. Seriously bumpy. You will appreciate the 30Ts.

All best

ColinJ

Colin, payment received, thankyou. That was a efficiently and harmoniouosly completed transaction.

I was prompted by yr earlier comment to review yr local terrain. Seriously bumpy. You will appreciate the 30Ts.

All best
I think I will! Check out the profile of my favourite local audax event ... :whistle:

season_of_mists_profile.gif

ColinJ

Are they any good? I have a distant pipedream to own a pair one day...

BB
They certainly look nice and spin well!

I was hoping to use them on my forum ride in the morning but I was too busy to get the bike ready so I left the old wheels on. I will report back once I have upgraded the bike and used the wheels for a few hundred miles.

My mate has an older pair of Neutrons and really likes them, which is what prompted me to buy these.

OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
Are they any good? I have a distant pipedream to own a pair one day...

BB
I bought Neutrons, on the advice of a seriously bike invested friend, for alpine rides and hills generally. In my limited experience they are the best wheels that I have had. I sold them because I have moved over to Shimano groupsets and felt that paying £120 or so to convert the the hubs was rather silly and possibly uncertain.

ColinJ

I have done a couple of test rides on the wheels now and I like them though I couldn't swear that I could tell the difference between them and the old ones on a ride if I didn't know which pair I was riding. In terms of value for money, the old ones probably win. In terms of having best affordable wheels on my best bike, I am happy. The bike is a few hundred grams lighter, which is not a big deal for a non-racer, but 'every little helps'!

I also like the 12-30 cassette, which replaces my usual 13-29. I have small chainrings on my bike so I tend to ride mainly on the smaller sprockets. That means that I don't really notice the missing '16' which would trouble a lot of riders. They might like riding (say) 53/16 or 39/16 but I would be riding 48/15 or 36/15 instead, almost identical ratios. I have an extra high gear for long descents, and an even lower low gear than before for steep climbs.

Top Bottom