What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have ordered a new stem, oversize bars and bar tape for my Cannondale CAAD5. I'll use the old stem, bars and tape on a singlespeed bike that I will be building later in the year (geared highish for rides along the local valleys and for trips to the shops).
I'll do one last ride on the old setup and then fit this lot.

New bars stem tape.jpg

If it isn't raining, I will go out for a short ride this evening to see how the new setup compares

Firestorm

Veteran
image.jpg
Not exactly for the bike, but I picked this up today

broady

Veteran
Another GP4000s II tyre after the last one got a nic after 60 miles (well some point during that ride).
Hoping this one lasts a while or I'll be putting on some M+'s on instead!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I decided to do a more significant upgrade to my CAAD5 than just the bars and stem that I posted about a few days ago so I have bought some nice wheels from @gbs. He included one cassette, tyres, tubes and wheel bags in the deal. He also offered me a couple of spare unused cassettes for a good price so I bought those for my spares box. The parcel arrived this morning, and he had included a spare pair of QR skewers. I will be fitting a new chain too. (Hopefully, the chainrings are not too worn for a new chain to mesh properly.) It's an old bike, but it should feel like new after this upgrade! :smile:

Neutrons cassettes skewers.jpg

Goggs

Guru
Two SKS bottle cages, a Park Tool puncture kit, Lezyne pump, Squirt dry lube, a spare Schwalbe inner tube and a replacement bracket for my Topeak bar bag.

Oh, then a quick trip into town on the bike with one bottle cage to buy a 3mm allen key to enable me to fit the second bottle cage. My multi-tool is just a bit too multi. :laugh:

Goggs

Guru
BBB Highrise 35deg stem

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Wellgo W41 road SPD pedals for the 'best bike', so I now have a pair of either SPD or Look Keos available for all of my bikes, rather than constant pedal changing.
P1000422.JPG

gasinayr

Über Member
Set of Hydralic brakes for my mountail bike. Avid DB1 £53.00 from SJS cycles. Found the hoses were too long so I had to buy a bleed kit from Halfords £26.00 Still not to bad, full set of brakes for £80.00

Top Bottom