1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. Dark46

Dark46 Über Member

I went into Halfords and bought some Muck Off (getting ready for the weekend cleaning ) and some chain lube. The guy dropped the chain lube and it broke and spilled out over the floor lol

dangotstuff likes this.
  2. JasonHolder

JasonHolder on youtube. learning to be a gent

Giro ultralight aero overshoes. Didnt fit. Have to wait another week for smaller ones! Gutted

3. helston90

helston90 Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.

New chain- desperately hoping the cassette hasn't worn beyond use- I also bought some electrolyte tablets as CRC no longer does free delivery so had to bump it up a bit.
    I've also exchanged my tesco clubcard points for an Evans voucher which is going towards a charge spoon.

4. Lanzecki

Lanzecki Über Member

4 new bottle cage bolts, a new seat post clamp. A jacket (Altura) and a bottle cage. €88 later... And I only wanted the cage bolts.

Easytigers and JasonHolder like this.
  5. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

A couple of cheapie rear lights ordered from CRC, the light bit has come off my commuter

6. jayonabike

jayonabike Powered by caffeine & whisky

My hand built wheels turned up for the new Mercian that isn't here yet. Royce hubs, sapim spokes on H Plus Son rims from DCR Wheels.

7. JasonHolder

Weight+price?

dangotstuff likes this.
  8. jayonabike

jayonabike Powered by caffeine & whisky

1746g & £574

JasonHolder likes this.
  9. JasonHolder

@jayonabike
    Thanks! Goodness gracious, that's pricey
    Something nice to love I guess :smile:

10. Sara_H

Sara_H Guru

Brakepads. Go through them like water cos I live at the top of a bg hill.

dangotstuff and jade1981 like this.
  11. Kies

Kies Guest

Deuter Front Triangle Bag - fits really well and gives me loads of storage space for camera, flapjacks and jelly babies :-)

12. Learnincurve

Learnincurve Senior Member

Chain lube from amazon and a Kriptonite D lock because of the fact that they will replace your bike if it gets nicked with it on and I don't have insurance. I have heard that the cable that comes with it and the brackets are awful though. I also took delivery of a Polaris zipped jersey that was the last one they had in at £10 and some gloves. Yesterday was different though because I picked up my first bike in over 15 years and had to buy many many things like slime, lights, a chain lock, pump, gel seat cover, helmet because I put the one I have had in the cupboard for a while on and immediately the strap broke, and a waterproof jacket. Whole set up from scratch came to a staggering £230.

Get ready everyone for the sight of a thin yet very very out of shape woman who has spent the time not riding bikes smoking, as she potters along at a sedate pace towards the canal tow path the long way round via back roads because the short way is ludicrously dangerous on her cheap hybrid and bright blue helmet. I'm going to guess that exactly no one will call the sight "magnificent"

If anyone knows Chesterfield, I live near the hospital so going into town means hady hill and that roundabout near the duel carriageway. I didn't like shopping there anyway.

Lochen, iancity, Pat "5mph" and 2 others like this.
  13. Ffoeg

Ffoeg .

3 mech hangers and a couple of alloy crank caps with a hex hole rather than that silly Shimano flower shaped affair

14. davdandy

davdandy Senior Member

New grips for the mtb and a new bottle for the roadie.

15. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Royce Hubs? You naughty boy :thumbsup:
    Lovely, looking forward to seeing them.

The handmades I got from DCR Hunt for the VN 18 months ago are as true now as they were I got them.