What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

azir

Inner tubes, lube and a bottle. Next month may be able to buy some new bibs which will be more exciting!

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
........ looks nicest on this site .
You really should not have posted that link:gun:
I'm trying to fight the urge to buy save up for a new bike next year and you go and tease me with such pretty things.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
We should refrain from posting pictures of our nice shiny parts then. Until we get home and dig the camera out :smile:
Its ok lanzecki - once ive spent august cruising round the med on a big boat. I'll be putting my xmas pressie list together for swmbo :smile:

Learnincurve

More slime!

also I may have bought a aluminium alloy (possibly), hard tail mountain bike (defiantly) with 21shift gears (or perhaps 18 I may need to count) and 700cc (almost certainly) tires for £50. I have no excuses or self justification, it's pretty much the exact opposite of my shopper, it looks aright for £50 so I bought it.

Learnincurve

Gahhhhh this bike ownership thing is expensive! I just discovered that I own no wrenches and my bike repair multi-tool does not have the one I need on it to bring my seat down a bit so I had to buy some. While I was on amazon I bought some new inner tubes and proper wired hybrid tyres for road and rim tape for the 700c

On the plus side everything I have bought comes to about the same as a few months car insurance or what I spend on taxis to and from town in a year.

outlash

also available in orange
Drew up a list of bits to make my new cross bike able to do what I bought it for earlier in the week, first thing ordered was brake pads to replace the awful stock ones.

Tony.

vickster

Legendary Member
Latte. To help my bike cope with getting me up hills. Might have been the other way round though!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Five O gauge model railway truck kits as a present to say thank you to my Woodrup whose two years of ownership has cost less than £80 inc hub gear oil, tyres and brake pads leaving me with cash looking fore something to buy. I'll be building them as the bike lacks the dexterity to make a decent job of them.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Bought some new bars for my new frame. Handbuilts (H plus Son Archetypes) are turning up next week. Taking most of the drivetrain off my current bike, but I'm sure I'll think of something else I need soon enough.

Diddon

I the last couple of days I have bought a specialized allez 2014, lights, bottle holders, 2 schwable marathon tyres and a New Jersey oh and a new lock

Going to be a great week when it all arrives

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I bought some more latex inner tubes. I reckon that is the only thing I'll use in the future.
Toying with the idea of buying the Dura Ace 9000 crankset, not that I might see great improvement in performance but it has bits of black in it that goes with the 105 in black that I have. Besides, the wife could never tell the difference :laugh:. Just like the look of it.

Top Bottom