What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daisyj

Über Member
DSC_0008.JPG

For my Carrera Subway. Just waiting for the Proofide I should have ordered at the same time!

Mrs M

Guru
View attachment 135812
For my Carrera Subway. Just waiting for the Proofide I should have ordered at the same time!
Get a saddle cover, in case (for when) it rains ;)

Mandragora

Two green and black bottles for my New Bike, also green and black.

They look very snazzy but I have realised too late that my old, scruffy see-through ones may be better, on account of being, well, see-through, so I remember to refill them before I go out. I can see me forgetting with these. Still, I'd rather have my teeth pulled than admit as much to my OH who couldn't see why a New Bike automatically meant new bottles...

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
The Brompton got a new bottle cage. All of £3.99

For my Brompton I got a pair of Zefal Gizmos to fit a bottle cage to the main tube. Do they work? Do they hell. Going to try again tomorrow if not they might have to go on the handlebar stem instead. How have you added a bottle cage, if you don't mind me asking?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
For my Brompton I got a pair of Zefal Gizmos to fit a bottle cage to the main tube. Do they work? Do they hell. Going to try again tomorrow if not they might have to go on the handlebar stem instead. How have you added a bottle cage, if you don't mind me asking?
Asda stock a Bell universal mount one, £8 and the cage is only good for the bin but the mount is rather good, like a big rubberised foot that comes with Velcro straps to attach it, but I've replaced those with zip ties. It sits nicely on the bottom of the stem.

Decathlon do something similar with rubberised straps that you can fit your own cage to & the monkii bottle holder system is Brompton friendly too.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
New Campag Chorus 12-29 cassette (giving in to my inner hill wimp after struggling with 12-25), and new chain. Oh, and getting gear hanger straightened, then replaced!

All preparations for my ride to Paris in 10 days.

After faffing trying to get the IRC's on the Hunt wheels(very,very,very,very tight as in won't go on tight:wacko::angry:);I've temporarly admitted defeat and got some Vittoria open pave 25's and some latex tubes from High on Bikes plus a Birzman CO2 inflator as my Lezyne one is leaking air as soon as you fit a cannister(dropped one too many times:rolleyes:).

Also from Wiggle a Topeak smarthead for the JoeBlow trackpump as the stndard head seems to go through seals like nobodies business plus a couple of pairs of DHB aeron socks for the better half.

U

User33236

Bought a new, slightly shorter, stem for my new bike. Wanted to keep it looking original and was struggling to find one but eventually tracked done a shop in Hull that had one in stock.

image.jpeg

Top Bottom