What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And will be pulling the trigger on a Wiggle order(again:rolleyes:)with these for me;

Isadore long sleeve jersey
DHB Aeron rain defense bibs
Endura FS260 pro adfenaline rain cape

Trigger pulled on the Isadore and DHB;actually went for the better Isadore as I hadn't factored in my Platinum discount:smile:.

Will wait for the Endura as the better half is after a jacket so we'll probably make use of her CRC discount as she has now joined British Cycling.

Some handlebars, they are black and tubular, they have got some bends in and a couple of flat bits on the top and a fatter bit in the middle

I don't know, they ain't here yet, Postman Pat's still got 'em. They won't be here until Monday !!!!

Goggs

Guru
I bought my better half a blender. She makes wonderful soups and that's great for my cycling & hence the bike. Winter's coming.

And more stuff!

Saw some Tektro mini-v's on the bay(ones that are supposed to work with sti's)so made an offer and got'em for just over a tenner;only wanted the rear but it looks like they don't sell them singly but not bothered at that price.

Will Spin

Über Member
Bought a Topeak wedge saddle bag to replace the last one, which was 5 years old and had a hole. By mistake bought the large one so doesn't look as cool (think the last one was medium), now a bit worried that I may get fewer waves from passing cyclists. I suppose the good thing is that I can get more stuff in it now and don't need to put my puncture repair kit in my jersey pocket.

Oh, and some BBB overshoes as winter is fast approaching.

clid61

Veteran
Set of 700 x23c Hutchinson equinox for rat bike .decathlons finest lol

U

User169

Nitto noodle handlebars, nitto bar ends and newbaums tape.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Planet X are doing these for £3 a pop, so I thought i`d stock up and bought 2 of each.

BOELCTWS_P1.jpg
BOELTWW_P1.jpg

Now waiting for a couple of these £8 carbon bottle cages to turn up from China :whistle:

-bike-bottlecages-bicycle-carbon-bottle-cages-light-weight-full-carbon-bottlecage-24g-water-cage.jpg

Ajax Bay

Guru
51bd6ohrh1L._SX180_.jpg

CREE XML XM-L T6 LED 1800 Lumens Cycle Bike Bicycle Rechargable Head Lights Lamp

Surepromise

This Magicshine MJ808 lookalike seems a pretty good copy (I bought it as a replacement for that - lost somewhere in the centre of Radstock). The price (~£12) is very competitive. The light unit seems right and the switch was positive and gave good feedback (the settings are: high, low, flashing and off). You have to go through 'off' to go from low to high, so plan ahead if about to start a sweeping downhill in trees after an open road with moonlight. My hope is that the connections inside are sound and stay that way after hours of night cycling, bouncing on poor road surfaces. Only time will tell. The supplied O-rings seem OK (two supplied: long and short). The colour scheme for battery state seemed to work well: when it goes red, you'd be well advised to stick on the low setting - if you keep it on high, expect it to shut off after a few minutes (hopefully you'll have another standby light to see the road/track ahead at the moment of shut off! - and see you home). The lead connector fits Magicshine batteries (qv). The battery is pretty poor and disappointed. Mine gave me only 110 minutes on high (tested three times) (as opposed to 3+ hours for the Magicshine batteries I'll be using it with - same nominal capacity 4400mAh). For commuting that would be OK but I shall not be using the supplied battery, which had very little in the form of protection round it and was in a cheap little bag with velcro straps (nevertheless, bag fit for purpose). So if you need a decent life, buy a Magicshine or other reputable battery. The mains charger supplied is rated 8.4v and 1000mA. Charging a 4400mAh battery at this speed will mean that the battery's life is reduced - your call: fast recharge or steady slowish but gentle on the battery. The charger I use pushes out 400mA and so the charge will take 10 hours (ish) - in fact it seems to take less. This speed of charge is good practice. Finally the headstrap works well and is better (more comfortable) than the Magicshine one. The headlight unit straps on securely and points in the right direction. I shall be using it for night orienteering this winter.
It arrived much more quickly than the pessimistic delivery time suggested - great. In time for the Exmouth Exodus (Bath to Exmouth - 100+ miles, starting at dusk).

Last edited:
Reactions: dim

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I walked into a local bike shop yesterday, intending to buy a clip-on mudguard. I walked out with a clip-on mudguard, some tubes and a bicycle workstand. :blush:

Top Bottom