What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Waiting for a pricematch on a pair of Shimano Tiagra R451's to upgrade the crappy Tektro R315's R539's on my Triban. For a while now ive been floating in and out of the idea of selling this bike on.

::EDIT::

Alternatively, I could get the R650's instead if i choose to keep the bike

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My latest order from CRC was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work. :smile: The major item in it was a cycling jersey which I was really hoping would be my next commuting jersey. My requirements for this are fairly specific:
  • good fit (obviously);
  • full-length front zipper;
  • 3 rear pockets + 1 extra zip pocket.
This jersey has all of these. It's one of these ones: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/endura-fs260-pro-iii-short-sleeve-jersey-aw16/rp-prod147466

For meant the bike some arm warmers and a winter hat from This Is Cambridge;

tic_arm_warmer_lines_black-2000x1499.jpg

tic_omloop_pink_01-490x330.jpg

Plus a big Wiggle order consisting of

Tortec rack
Sks Blumels mudguards
Halo skewers
Lifeline cables

All for the Escape re-build

And some Sportful overshoes for me.

Last night I bought a 23mm tyre for the front of the commuter. I've been using a 25mm but my brake bolt hole has been drilled a mm or two low and clearance between the tyre and the mudguards is non existent unless the wheel is in the bottom of the drop outs.

In another winterisation mode a few weeks ago and bought these as back ups (should have waited though seeing they've been reduced :wacko:)

Can't recall buying anything other than nutrition recently though.

Replacement mudflap for the front mudguard on the Brompton. I've had super stylish but functionally rubbish wooden mudguards on for several years, got fed up so @Flying Dodo re-fit the original mudguards only to find the flap had gone AWOL in the garage somewhere. Brilliant Bikes to the rescue as always for anything Brompton-related. (We bought one for the Bickerton as well. :okay: )

Aldi lobster gloves for £4 plus latest Wiggle order of some Sportful sotto zero gloves(for cold club rides),some tubes for the 32c tyres,Lezyne patch kit,Assos chamois cream and mtb brake cables.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A compass to fit onto the audax bike. Just in case my instructions go wrong ... again!

A Craft jersey and UVEX rain cap for myself. Oh, and the 12 'free' SIS energy bars.

Finally - this frame for 99p. I collect Saturday. I'm presuming it's a Spesh Hotrock 13" frame, crankset plus either a 7-speed rear 24" or 26" wheel:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

freiston

Veteran
I haven't seen this thread up to now so I'll cheat a little bit and say what I've recently bought (wasn't today though):
  • Modolo Gran Fondo handlebars
  • Velo Orange 90mm 17° stem (nice and shiny)
  • Selection of 'silver' spacers*
  • Crane Sakura spacer bell
*I will be replacing an NVO spacerless sleeve but not cutting down the steerer

I've yet to get some handlebar tape (musing over gel/cork but I want to go to the shop to see/feel what I'm getting) and I'm thinking that fitting all this stuff will be a good way to spend a cold wet day during the Christmas break :smile:

Sixmile

Veteran
Yesterday I picked up a little order from Halfords:

5L Muc Off Bike Wash
2 x Joe Blow Track Pumps
2 x Muc Off brushes
2 x Halfords 700c tubes

Why just buy one of anything when you can have two!

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
I had a sprocket brush arrive in the post this morning. I'm hoping my slightly more substantial order containing mudguards and a saddle bag turns up tomorrow.

GOAB

Top Bottom