Campag servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadietoo

I'm probably not the only cyclist in this situation. I have a lightweight, Campag equipped, that occassionally needs work done by a professional. The situation; by the time you have bought the tools the job+labour is cheaper as you sometimes mess it up. My nearest Campag workshop that I know of in Hertfordshire has moved to Welwyn Garden City. I live in North Herts. Does anyone know a good Campy workshop in North Herts?

Roadietoo

wafflycat

Any decent LBS should be able to deal with Campag stuff. It's not exactly unusual kit.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Campag man too Roadie2 - do everything myself and can't think of anything that is overly complicated/needs expensive tools.

OP
OP
R

roadietoo

In particular it was sealed bearings on Vento wheels. I have no drifts or removers and I can hardly prise them out with a screwdriver or be sure of pressing in new ones straight. Or have I missed something very simple? Even so I have to source new bearings (back to local Campy service centre problem)

GrahamG

Guru
I would've thought any competent bike shop can do it - and sourcing bearings is generally very easy as they won't be proprietry campag bits!

redjedi

Über Member
My LBS can do most repairs to my Campag equipped bike but there are a few things that are a bit more hassle. Like replacing the bearing on an Ultra Torque crank set, or having the specific bearing in stock.

I now order the parts I need then take it to them to have the work done unless I can do it myself.
Tomorrow I will be taking in my wheels as that is one thing I haven't learnt to do yet. They'll be trued (which shouldn't be a problem) and replace the bearings. I planned ahead, found the Campag wheels take a sealed bearing and knew they wouldn't have stock, so ordered them in ready.

Although not really any use to you roadietoo, Sigma Sports in Hampton Wick are an official Campag service centre, they have lot's of parts in stock and some very very nice bikes :tongue:

redjedi

Über Member
GrahamG said:
I would've thought any competent bike shop can do it - and sourcing bearings is generally very easy as they won't be proprietry campag bits!

My LBS sourced alternative bearings for my cranks, and although all the sizes matched up on paper, they were about 1mm too big so didn't work.

The new Campag stuff doesn't appear to use loose bearing any more, so you've got to be accurate with which one you order. Campag branded ones are the safest option and are that more expensive than other brands.

Top Bottom