Campag Skeleton Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jpembroke

Any opinions on these? How do they compare to the old-style dual pivots? You can get standard Veloce brakes in black or silver now for around £20, which seems a bargain so is it worth forking out an extra £50 for the skeleton brakes.

I've got veloce skeleton brakes I've got nothing to compare them too other than v brakes on my other bikes but stopping wise i find they are great but that might be because there on my best bike which is used mostly in the summer.

MartinC

Über Member
I was idly looking through the 2009 Campag catalogue last night, you know, likle you do, and I noticed something amusing. Old style Veloce brakes are lighter the Veloce skeleton version (325 gms vs 357 IIRC). Centaur ones are the same - you need to go to Chorus before they're lighter.

But they do look nice.

I haven't tried it and it may not matter to you but the old style brakes look like they'll cope with a mudguard better - they seem more of an inverted U shape than an inverted V.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've got the old style silver Veloce brakes on two bikes, they work really well and they're a lovely design. I think the newer Campagnolo stuff doesn't look quite so nice - all techy and carbon looking. Can't go wrong for £20, why pay £50 more?!!

OP
OP
jpembroke

jpembroke

Are the blocks of the replacement pad variety? If so, can you get Koolstop or Swisstop pads to fit?

OP
OP
jpembroke

jpembroke

Just had a look on dotbike and wiggle and they seem to have various high quality Campag compatible pads so it looks like the answer is 'yes'. Nice!

OP
OP
jpembroke

jpembroke

threebikesmcginty said:
Just got mine from Ribble for £20 - came in the post nice and quick despite the slagging off they're getting in the cafe!

NOOOOOO! They're no longer in stock on Ribble. Looks like you got the last pair.

Black it is then.

Top Bottom