Campagnolo 80.S chorus levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnymak

I'm looking to install these brake levers
Either 80.S campag C RECORD or chorus
I've allready drilled bars for the wire to run internally
Can the wire be ran internally from these levers

Many thanks in advance

I have so many questions about the sequence of events in this post that I don't know where to start. Any one of my questions may offend you.

chriscross1966

Über Member
OK, rummaging through my old C-Record stuff, all of it (and all Chorus too) is fittable in the aero configuration. You will need to drill the holes in the right places as Campy are fairly limited on where the cable comes out from, certainly I remember on the Powergrades I put on my Campagnolo Brompton it ended up being easier to fit them non-aero with a set of not-C-Record hoods, though I might revisit that, but likely only if I can find a set of standard aero-only Powergrade hoods in white (don't care if Campy or aftermarket) .... You have to brake away a piece of the lever body to fit the C-Record/Chorus/Croce d'Aune/Athena in aero positioning, and that breakout piece tightly constrains where the hole would need to be, everything around it is load bearing...

BTW, I would thoroughly recommend not drilling your handlebars until your family has take out significant life insurance policies on you BTW. Whilst the one at the control ends won't cause an issue the ones near the stem pretty much need to be factory things otherwise I'd never trust the bars again.

OP
OP
Johnymak

Johnymak

OK, rummaging through my old C-Record stuff, all of it (and all Chorus too) is fittable in the aero configuration. You will need to drill the holes in the right places as Campy are fairly limited on where the cable comes out from, certainly I remember on the Powergrades I put on my Campagnolo Brompton it ended up being easier to fit them non-aero with a set of not-C-Record hoods, though I might revisit that, but likely only if I can find a set of standard aero-only Powergrade hoods in white (don't care if Campy or aftermarket) .... You have to brake away a piece of the lever body to fit the C-Record/Chorus/Croce d'Aune/Athena in aero positioning, and that breakout piece tightly constrains where the hole would need to be, everything around it is load bearing...

BTW, I would thoroughly recommend not drilling your handlebars until your family has take out significant life insurance policies on you BTW. Whilst the one at the control ends won't cause an issue the ones near the stem pretty much need to be factory things otherwise I'd never trust the bars again.

Thankyou for the advice
I see there is a kit you can get to save alot of hassle I'm not sure if it's suitable ,

In regards to the bars they were previously drilled and previously raced using aero set up and off a bike set up I'm trying to repuclate
If you think drilled holes in a set of cinelli is bad you should see my pre drilled modern carbon bars lol

Top Bottom