Campagnolo Ergo Levers not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Generous offer from @Graeme_FK
The big ring for the last 30-odd km proved more problematic - covered most of the faster ground this way - but the chain came off three times
Any idea why the chain came off x 3? You had no FD so I can only assume that you had it right up ie large large and the chain line 'pulled' it off, without the FD cage to stop it (ie remind the chain that it needed to stay on the large chainwheel).

OP
OP
Newman8

Newman8

Hi - sorry not replied - been busier than normal...

As for chain coming off - I guess in small front ring, the bigger ring kept it from moving too far outwards & with no front mech there was nothing to hold it in line on bigger ring. Quite a big gear range so chain can sometimes get a little 'bouncy' over bumps - chain has to be long enough for 29t rear, but happy that tension & set up are good, & teeth & chain all good - done less than 4000km on this groupset - but given the rolling nature of locality, go all the way up & down gears fairly frequently - so the levers & mechs go through more operations maybe than average.

Have acquired a spare lever for now - done 3 rides this week & everything feels good as new.

So I'm not going to attempt a repair on the lever - most things I'll try - but looked to be too many fiddly small parts!
PM on its way to @Graeme_FK

Ajax Bay

Guru
Tiagra STI dismantled (and never to be reassembled) Relatively easy to take apart!
Tiagra STI dismantled.JPG

Top Bottom