Campagnolo Lock Ring 9 speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nope

OP
OP
M

m_j_sykes

Thanks for the prompt reponses. From what I can see for various web based retailers it was impossible to understand why they sell differing lockrings. That has put my mind at rest. Any thoughts on whether you need a Campag C9 chain or not? If not then what would you recommend? Myther bike is a Shimano rquipped MTB and I have just discovered that SRAM chains are often superior to the Shimano equivalent. So I was wondering whether the same applies when matching Campt cassettes to chains.

The Campag Record 9spd covers all campag 9spd cassettes - can't comment on other makes (except Sachs which are poor) as these chains work perfectly well and I've not tried any others.

peanut

m_j_sykes said:
I have a 12-23 Campagnolo cassette and wish to purchase a 13-26 Campagnolo cassette. Will I need a new lock ring? :bicycle:

the reason an 11 up cassette needs a special 11 lock ring is because the chain would ride on top of the 12 lockring and prevent the chain sitting down properly into the 11t sprocket. The 11t lock ring has a smaller diameter :eek:

KMC chains have a good reputationand its worth buying a Wipperman tool-less link to go with it

Top Bottom