Campagnolo Scirocco wheels or Hand Made Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimtheScot

Hi, I am building a steel framed road bike. I have my Cinneli steel frame already bought. I am now looking to buy some wheels.

I was thinking about buying Campagnolo Scirocco wheels at £200 or buy hand made wheels, that cost £265 but are being sold to me for £200.

The only difference I know is the Scirocco’s Bearings are Cartridge and the hand made wheels are Sealed.

The hand made wheels come where made at http://www.wheelcraft.net/ by a very experienced wheel builder.

I mainly cycle on CTC runs or organised sportives up to 100 miles

Which would you advise?

My mate bought wheels from Wheelcraft and is very happy indeed, he's took them back off his bike though and put winter wheels on, the wheelcraft wheels are too nice ;) The Sciriocco will be nice wheels too but they look to have a low spoke count, if you need robustness they are maybe not the best, having said that my similar campy wheels have been fine. PS you will also get the Scirocco cheaper, I googled them to see the spoke count and this came up.

OP
OP
J

JimtheScot

Thanks HLab, finally decided on the handmade wheels. prob is i wont be able to test them till Spring next year. Making up a bike just now but wont waste it during the winter. Can't wait to try the wheels out.

Top Bottom