Campagnolo Shimano/Sram

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

Loking at buying a pair of fulcrum 7 wheels of ebay.. they have campi free hubs, and my current wheels have shimano freehubs, with a sram casette..(9 speed)

will a sram casette fit on campi hubs?

From what i understand sram and shimano are pretty compatable. But not campag.

At least thats whats i've been told. Im sure someone on here will know for sure.

Archie

Errrr.....
No. SRAM are Shimano compatible, and Shimano isn't compatible with Campag.

Darn, too slow.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
TheDoctor said:
Unless you're keen on a whole load of fettling and conflicting advice, I'd get some with Shimano splines meself.

+1 - though Shimano spaced cassettes that fit Campag type freehubs are available - can't remember where from at the moment, sorry.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
youngoldbloke said:
+1 - though Shimano spaced cassettes that fit Campag type freehubs are available - can't remember where from at the moment, sorry.

Having searched for that I realise I may be wrong - but you can do it the other way round - Ambrosio make a Campag spaced cassette that fits a Shimano freehub. However it appears you can get a replacement freehub that fits Fulcrum (Campag) hubs http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/product/parts_accessories/wheels_road/SPC_freehub_S9.html that will allow you to fit a Shimano or SRAM cassette - will cost you £59.99 though.
(edit - typed at the same time as TheDoctor)

redjedi

Über Member
Trumpettom001 said:
Damn and blast... oh well, cheapo casettes are only 30 quid online...

I take it you did actually buy them then?

As said above, you can either change the freehub body for a Shimano one or change your whole groupset.

Or sell them and buy a Shimano compatible wheelset.

I run a 9 speed Campag cassette (on a Campag compatible hub) with Shimano bar end shifters and Shimano rear derailleur and it works perfectly. Don't know about integrated brake/shifters though. If you can find someone who can loan you a 9 sp Campag cassette, you could give it a try before you buy one yourself.

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

Nope havent bought myself anything yet... I'm promising myself a new cycling utility for every A i get in the coming exams....

Top Bottom