Campagnolo Xenon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon Head

I have some Campagnolo Xenon bits but I would really like to know if anyone has a 170mm long, left side crank arm mine is missing? Also what tools do you really need to install the bottom bracket? The Campagnolo instructions list lots of tools but I suspect far less are actually needed.
Does anyone know where I can find a sectional, or exploded, diagram of the levers? I would like to swap the way that gears are selected because I have lost the use of my right hand: https://shedsweb.wordpress.com/

Thanks,

Simon

chriscross1966

Über Member
Is it an Ultratorque or Power torque BB? For shifting it might be easiest to put the RH brifter on the left handlebar and maybe use a stem shifter for the front derailleur

Ajax Bay

Guru
Or square taper? Sorry, no LH crank. I have a Mirage RH crank but not a left (which was the one that broke).
As far as one handed changing, I suggest two options:
Go for a 1 x 6789 or 10 and use a normal indexed or friction down tube lever or an indexed bar end lever.
Use a 2/3 x whatever and either:
a. Keep the normal LH STI and operate the RD from a down tube or bar end lever mounted on the left side.
b. Mount one lever on the down tube boss (assuming there is one, and then another lever (for FD) further down the down tube on a clamp on down tube lever set up, using the left hand side only.
I think the RH STI (ie to operate the RD) on the left side of the bars (as suggested by @chriscross1966) won't be able to be operated as the force needed to change to a larger sprocket would be difficult if not impossible to apply with the OP's left hand.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yes you can get campag bar end shifters, as @Ajax Bay said before me ( sorry missed it ) a bar end shifter would work not sure what speed you have though i have seen 10-11 speed ones but your looking a £125 for a set unless you got a friction shifter version
you can do a bit of mix and match between shimano and campag dependant on the number of gears you have

OP
OP
Simon Head

Simon Head

I think I will fit a rear mech handlebar shifter to the left side and Campagnolo Xenon bar shifters to the bars.
I now need to reassemble my Xenon bar shifters that I foolishly took apart!

Ajax Bay

Guru
rear mech handlebar shifter to the left side and Campagnolo Xenon bar shifters to the bars
What do you mean by this? What's a 'handlebar shifter'? What's a 'bar shifter'? Ergos go on drop handlebars (eg the Xenon ones) and bar end shifters plug in to the end of the bars (or tribars!). Down tube levers can be either friction or indexed, but I don't think you'll get 9sp indexed down tube levers. Your combination of left hand only operation and 9sp Campagnolo represents a 'challenge'. My 'left field' option to give you a reasonable range of gears is a triple (operated by an ergo or STI on the left drop) and a 6 or 7 speed (relatively close ratio) operated by either a bar end or a down tube indexed lever.

Top Bottom