Campagnolo Zonda or Fulcrum 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nobbyp

Looking at 1st major upgrade to new bike - current wheels are Focus' in house concept brand. Going to run them til end of winter and then slip on some new hoops

Zondas and Fulcrum3 consistently get decent reviews and don't cost more than my whole bike

Welcome any thoughts

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Looking at 1st major upgrade to new bike - current wheels are Focus' in house concept brand. Going to run them til end of winter and then slip on some new hoops

Zondas and Fulcrum3 consistently get decent reviews and don't cost more than my whole bike

Welcome any thoughts

They're pretty much the same wheels with different spoke lacing, the differences are minor and mostly aesthetic.

lesley_x

Über Member
I have Zondas and cannot rate them highly enough! They look awesome too. Totally transformed my bikes handling and feel.

bpsmith

Veteran
The Zonda's transformed my Defy and so I moved them to my Bianchi on day one. Can't fault them!

I prefer the look of the Campag wheels over the Fulcrum's. I suppose the fact that they're Campag on a Shimano equipped bike, is not so bad on a Bianchi. :smile:

Doyleyburger

Veteran
If I could have stretched to the £250 that wiggle are offering for the Zondas I would have gone for them. I think even if I had the extra for the Fulcrums I still would go for the zondas I think. They get cracking reviews and IMO they look better also. I ended up going for the Scirocco's. They're awesome for the money

shadow master

The Zonda's transformed my Defy and so I moved them to my Bianchi on day one. Can't fault them!

I prefer the look of the Campag wheels over the Fulcrum's. I suppose the fact that they're Campag on a Shimano equipped bike, is not so bad on a Bianchi. :smile:
Yeah they call it Italian chic!

shadow master

If I could have stretched to the £250 that wiggle are offering for the Zondas I would have gone for them. I think even if I had the extra for the Fulcrums I still would go for the zondas I think. They get cracking reviews and IMO they look better also. I ended up going for the Scirocco's. They're awesome for the money
£225 at Ribble just saying

Mrs M

Guru
Zodas as are very stylish :becool:

OP
OP
nobbyp

nobbyp

Does anyone know the reason Zondas are 100g heavier on the rear wheel for the shimano option over Campagnolo ?

Can't believe it can make any difference to my grade of rider - well certainly not as much as the 3kg I've shifted off my gut in 2015 and the other 10kg that I plan to shift by the summer

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Does anyone know the reason Zondas are 100g heavier on the rear wheel for the shimano option over Campagnolo ?

Can't believe it can make any difference to my grade of rider - well certainly not as much as the 3kg I've shifted off my gut in 2015 and the other 10kg that I plan to shift by the summer

The Shimano freehub might be heavier / made of sterner stuff. :training:

Last edited:
Top Bottom