Campaign slogans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Come on folks. I thought we were an inventive lot here. Surely my 'SMIDSY, better go to specsavers' or Archs' 'Chill out, slow down, be safe' isn't the best we can do? (No offence intended Arch, just trying to drum up business! :smile:)

Can no-one come up with a better slogan? Come on Dom, prove your better than me. Go on, you know you've been trying for a while now.... :thumbsup::smile:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Personally, I like those last ones, QuickDraw.

Another couple I thought of were "Respect is a two way street" with some kind of friendly interaction between cyclist/ped/and motorist illustrating it somehow. Also, maybe quoting something from the highway code itself, e.g. "Highway Code Rule 147: Be considerate. Be careful of and considerate towards all types of road users" with appropriate illustration, and maybe in brackets and different typeface to the quote "you'll get there just as quickly anyway"

OP
OP
M

magnatom

QuickDraw said:
For RLJs, pavement cyclists, suicidal pedestrians and impatient drivers - "Gonnae no dae that"

For the boy racer and his mate hanging out the passenger window
"Yah coupla f@nnies"

And for the dangerous drivers - "Oot the car Stirling"

:thumbsup:

Definitely not slogans for a UK wide audience! I like the Oot the car Stirling.

Actually, thats a thought. I wonder if there are any Ricky Foulton (RIP) quotes that could be used here..... (Runs off to google...)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

John the Monkey said:
Personally, I like those last ones, QuickDraw.

Another couple I thought of were "Respect is a two way street" with some kind of friendly interaction between cyclist/ped/and motorist illustrating it somehow. Also, maybe quoting something from the highway code itself, e.g. "Highway Code Rule 147: Be considerate. Be careful of and considerate towards all types of road users" with appropriate illustration, and maybe in brackets and different typeface to the quote "you'll get there just as quickly anyway"

I like Respect is a two way street. I'll keep that one in mind. I'm worried if we quote a highway code rule, folk will just switch off.

davidtq

Saving seconds, costs lives, look and think before you steer. (not sure steer is right here)

Pay attention or pay the price

Pay attention or someone else may pay the price?

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
Come on folks. I thought we were an inventive lot here. Surely my 'SMIDSY, better go to specsavers' or Archs' 'Chill out, slow down, be safe' isn't the best we can do? (No offence intended Arch, just trying to drum up business! :smile:)

Oooh, just as I was drawing myself up to an indignant post.... ;)

If you're filling the back of a bus, I'd like to see "Hey! You in the chavved up Saxo with the tinted windows and the loud stereo? Everyone's laughing at you, you know?"

On the Smidsy line: Photo of set up crash, bike or ped on the road, paramedics etc, car driver looking slightly distraught by car, talking to copper. Captions: Driver "I didn't see him!" Cop (thinks - however you indicate that) "..or you just didn't look?" (use speech bubble and thinking cloud perhaps) Final line below, something like "Don't just glance. LOOK!"

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I like David's "Saving Seconds Costs Lives" (could be said to apply to any impatient road user).

I notice the buses in Manchester have a "Model Driver" campaign at the moment (pictures of a model car, ped etc with the text "A Model Driver: Considerate, Patient, Thankful". (I personally don't like it, the text is too small to be read, and the car is a Ford Anglia, distancing the present day driver from the message, I think). I did have another idea, picture of a non specific accident scene (i.e. you can't tell what sort of vehicle /road user is involved) with the strapline "It could be you"...

Here's my starters for 10.

Cars crash: Cyclists die.
Cars bend. Bones break.
{both to an accident picture}

Are you sitting comfortably? Then you won't mind waiting.
{to a picture of an overtaking cyclist in primary}

Go on you can make it......he won't though!
{to a picture of a cyclist riding into a road squeeze}

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Now remember folks we are trying to avoid painting a negative picture of cycling, i.e. we don't want to put anyone off by insinuating that cycling is dangerous. It isn't. In fact we live 10 years longer on average! In fact apparently we will also look 10 years younger. Mmmm.

How about:

Live 10 years longer, look 10 years younger*. Ride a bike.
*This statement is based on fact!

Crackle your Are you sitting comfortably? Then you won't mind waiting is quite good! That'll be another one I will keep in mind!

sheddy

Legendary Member
Some Oz stuff here -

Click Clack – front ‘n’ back
Clunk, click, every trip
Children should be seen and not hurt
Stop–look–and–listen
None for the road
It’s better to be a minute late than ‘the late’
Stay alert, stay alive
Look every way everyday
Alert today, alive tomorrow
Danger lurks where caution shirks
It’s better to be 10 minutes late in this world
than 10 minutes early in the next
Don’t be rash and end in a crash
Take your time, not your life
Driving faster can cause a disaster
Be slower on earth than quicker to eternity
He passed them all, all saw him passing
If you drink like a fish – swim, don’t drive
The speed that thrills is the speed that kills
Don’t dash – you will cause a crash
Hug your kid at home, belt him in the car
It’s better to be late than never
It’s better to be late than dead on time

from https://www.transport.sa.gov.au/rss/content/documents/RSIA/13_chapters_34_to_36.pdf

and OT but you could use like bullet points - 'takes Two to Tango'
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/rss/video_files/share_the_road.wmv

Gandalf

Veteran
Arch said:
"Is your 10 seconds worth a life?" - since needless impatience is such a bit problem - it would also be targetting rljers etc...

I like this one, though IMHO maybe it should say 'is getting to the next set of light a few seconds earlier worth a life?'. Not exactly catchy though.

I think we need to make the point that attempting to shave seconds makes no difference to overall journey time but does kill and maim people.

Perhaps you could have a photo of two people. One in a hospital bed with drips and all the other paraphernalia, surrounded by grieving family and a photo of a smug looking motorist. You could even have him using a mobile. The captions could read 'this man got to the next set of traffic lights 4.8 seconds earlier". The other one could read 'this man will never play football with his son again'.

Drive responsibly.

sheddy

Legendary Member
BTW does anyone know why we don't see many public information ads on TV these days ? (Surely HM goverment don't pay to get airtime)

Top Bottom