Camper Van advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
20210615_071501.jpg

Just had mine back after a full resto, just the inside to fully re-fit. How to blow 20k!

Had it almost 20yrs and my kids are 19 and 22 so part of the family.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
View attachment 594269

View attachment 594270

We’re using ours nearly every weekend, far more than our larger coachbuilts. It’s really become a second home and it’s a peach to drive :-)

Very nice. Which awning is that please?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
And here's ours
View attachment 594272

View attachment 594273

We have a very narrow driveway down the side of the house - there's just over 100mm clearance in total between the brick walls each side - so not much scope for anything bigger. Very pleased that I managed to get in on my first attempt without having to reverse or touching any nasty rough surfaces!
:-) Nice van!

Unfortunately I scrapped the side of my van last weekend turning onto my drive :-(( A case of familiarity breeds contempt, never happened with my bigger vans....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Very nice. Which awning is that please?
Vango Faros (Tall) poled awning.
https://www.leisureoutlet.com/vango...142356-vango-faros-tall-driveaway-awning-2020

Originally bought for our very tall Frankia, but works OK on the Globie - it's just wide enough but doesn't fit snug to the sides of the van as you can see.
Not a fan of awnings per se, but this was compact, cheap and cheerful and does the job when needed. It's drive-away when you add the Kador strip pack. Last weekend it was a huge benefit in the heat keeping the dogs and humans cool....

aferris2

Guru
Unfortunately I scrapped the side of my van last weekend turning onto my drive :-(( A case of familiarity breeds contempt, never happened with my bigger vans....
Ouch! Never want that to happen.

Even after 10 years here I'm really careful even in an ordinary car. The wall to the left is in several sections that dont run parallel to the drive so it's easy to miss one and run straight into the next. On the other side we have to avoid the down pipes as well.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm hoping that this might well be it, just off the build line, the one nearest. Looks right, but sadly can't see the VIN plate or I'd know for sure!!

View attachment 594267
:hyper::hyper:Email from dealer today, yep it's our van and being delivered to them early next week:hyper::hyper:

Fingers crossed the DVLA process the registration swiftly, we may still get our Lakes trip in yet..

Jamieyorky

Veteran
A Mazda Bongo can be a good day van for not a lot of money. Had a few over the years and never once had a problem.

We have had our Bongo for 3 years now, drive it every day. Its the best thing we have ever bought!

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
I thought i'd give an update.
Thanks again for all the advice it all added to what we'd done over the years.
Well we've gone and done it and have been the owners of our campervan Milo for around a year and half.
The right van in the right place (next door) and the right time.

It was parked up for weeks for sale so i'd had time to weigh things up I'd even sat in it the day it had just come back from being converted so i'd already had a good look around.We know the history of it and that it had been well maintained, who owned it (bother of said next door a mechanic with a business and a reputation to lose) He just never really used it in the 3 years other than day's out or when fishing he'd not even spent the night in it.

After weeks of talking about it one evening we thought let's have a look, checked it over. One test drive and many questions and checks later we fell in love with it. With in a few minutes Mrs 73 was already talking about how much do you think you can get it for. We Went away talked it over thought why not let's do this and put in an offer. So day's before we went on (covid delayed) holiday we'd bought a camper van

She an 08 (milage is well down given age) 2 past owners from new. Vivaro high top van ok the paint work has a few cosmetic issue in placers and the odd little dint. But nothing that you need to bother with. Drives and pulls like a dream sailed though the last months MOT and service. It's just right for us to get going , learn along the way but most of all enjoy and have fun.

The support we've had from neighbours , friends has been great even the guy who sold it is over the moon to hear about our travels.
One couple who are well seasoned at this have been fantastic so big thanks R & R. Good job really only thing outlaws have had to say is how much was it, how's the bed work and how you cook. :rolleyes:

We are both well use to the outdoors and camping so are having a ball loving every minute of it. learning as we go so will get things wrong, know our set up is not quite right. But enjoy working things out, doing what we can when we can. Even our dog fell in love with being a camper hound the moment he got inside it.

IMG_4070.JPG

Minutes later he really got at home

IMG_4071.JPG

Finally Milo on our 1st time out
IMG_4089.JPG

I thought i'd give an update.
Thanks again for all the advice it all added to what we'd done over the years.
Well we've gone and done it and have been the owners of our campervan Milo for around a year and half.
The right van in the right place (next door) and the right time.

It was parked up for weeks for sale so i'd had time to weigh things up I'd even sat in it the day it had just come back from being converted so i'd already had a good look around.We know the history of it and that it had been well maintained, who owned it (bother of said next door a mechanic with a business and a reputation to lose) He just never really used it in the 3 years other than day's out or when fishing he'd not even spent the night in it.

After weeks of talking about it one evening we thought let's have a look, checked it over. One test drive and many questions and checks later we fell in love with it. With in a few minutes Mrs 73 was already talking about how much do you think you can get it for. We Went away talked it over thought why not let's do this and put in an offer. So day's before we went on (covid delayed) holiday we'd bought a camper van

She an 08 (milage is well down given age) 2 past owners from new. Vivaro high top van ok the paint work has a few cosmetic issue in placers and the odd little dint. But nothing that you need to bother with. Drives and pulls like a dream sailed though the last months MOT and service. It's just right for us to get going , learn along the way but most of all enjoy and have fun.

The support we've had from neighbours , friends has been great even the guy who sold it is over the moon to hear about our travels.
One couple who are well seasoned at this have been fantastic so big thanks R & R. Good job really only thing outlaws have had to say is how much was it, how's the bed work and how you cook. :rolleyes:

We are both well use to the outdoors and camping so are having a ball loving every minute of it. learning as we go so will get things wrong, know our set up is not quite right. But enjoy working things out, doing what we can when we can. Even our dog fell in love with being a camper hound the moment he got inside it.

View attachment 665549
Minutes later he really got at home

View attachment 665550

Finally Milo on our 1st time out
View attachment 665551

Excellent, welcome to the MoHo and bikers club😀

Your Westy looks very at home already

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Excellent, welcome to the MoHo and bikers club😀

Your Westy looks very at home already

He is that , once parked up the front is his when driving he's in the back striped in. Either asleep or sat looking out the windscreen. He's also been known for staring out the wardrobe know idea what it's done to offered him:laugh:. He's even got van toys we had little choice really when he walk off with them in the shop :whistle:

potsy

Rambler
I only had my 1st experience of campervan life back in April when I met my partner.
Loving it so far, perfect for a few days away per month, even better when you have a dog who really enjoys it too.

IMG_20221023_111108.jpg

Top Bottom